Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Blown Turbo and Stock Turbo Swap thread

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #21
Well, the good news is that the turbo is in and seems to be working, also I got to drive my fiesta again! The bad news is that my car is still randomly stalling at idle and it's still only making 5 lbs of boost max. I can hear the bov working like it should, but it just isn't making boost.
Could it be the boost solenoid? I'm kinda stumped at this point. I cleared the kam and the codes so I guess I'll just drive it until I get some more codes.
IMG_20220905_123206960.jpg

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #22
Well, the good news is that the turbo is in and seems to be working, also I got to drive my fiesta again! The bad news is that my car is still randomly stalling at idle and it's still only making 5 lbs of boost max. I can hear the bov working like it should, but it just isn't making boost.
Could it be the boost solenoid? I'm kinda stumped at this point. I cleared the kam and the codes so I guess I'll just drive it until I get some more codes.
View attachment 51171
Ok, my codes are P0234 (turbo A overboost condition) and P0236 (turbo boost sensor A circuit range/performance)

Edit: add a P0238 code to that list

Last edited:
OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #25
I'm going to add how I (and my dad) cleaned up and rethreaded the turbo I got from @jessemon1106. It appears that he had to drill out the downpipe stud, so the threads weren't usable. We cleaned out the hole with a file first then my dad made a jig to keep the drill bit lined up. I used a tap kit from lowes ( the downpipe stud is a M8x1.25 if anyone is wondering). After we drilled the hole we slowly and carefully ran the tap though the hole several times. Some of the old stud was left in the hole, which complicated the tapping process. My dad removed it with needle nose pliers. Also, when drilling though the metal, we used quite a bit of motor oil to keep the drill bit and hole cooler.
There's probably a better way to do this, but it worked fine for me so I figured I'd throw it out there to give y'all some ideas.
IMG_20220903_135819435.jpg
IMG_20220903_140109038.jpg

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #26
I changed the boost solenoid and I'm now getting no boost, at least on my brief test drive. The car also still stalls at idle. 😠
Idk what is going on?? I guess I'm going to look for a vacuum leak, or look for wiring issues . . .