Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Blue track/street build - salvage restoration

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #221
Pulled out my sunroof, track, and motor - totalling 21 lbs. I bought WAY too thick of sheet metal to weld in place, figure that the metal plus welds adds back 13 lbs. So a decent amount of work to shave 8 lbs from the top of the car. Eh I'll take it I guess. It was $40 for the metal, $15 for some cutoff disks, welding/labor is free. $55 to drop 8 lbs is decent when you look at it that way I suppose.

Pulled out my sunroof, track, and motor - totalling 21 lbs. I bought WAY too thick of sheet metal to weld in place, figure that the metal plus welds adds back 13 lbs. So a decent amount of work to shave 8 lbs from the top of the car. Eh I'll take it I guess. It was $40 for the metal, $15 for some cutoff disks, welding/labor is free. $55 to drop 8 lbs is decent when you look at it that way I suppose.
I didn't weight mine when I removed it, glad to have a number now. I went with the aluminum and rivet method rather than weld, so I'm probably net 15 lbs down

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #225
I didn't weight mine when I removed it, glad to have a number now. I went with the aluminum and rivet method rather than weld, so I'm probably net 15 lbs down

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk
I think I'm leaning that way to be honest. Any pictures of what you did? Any advice?

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #226
No updates here in a while. I picked up another track ready car and will be shuffling parts around. Will have a lot of extras for sale at some point - turbo, coilovers, lots of bracing, intercooler, a couple downpipes/exhaust, wheels, like new brakes, BAD rear seat delete kit...you get the idea, lots of parts.

No updates here in a while. I picked up another track ready car and will be shuffling parts around. Will have a lot of extras for sale at some point - turbo, coilovers, lots of bracing, intercooler, a couple downpipes/exhaust, wheels, like new brakes, BAD rear seat delete kit...you get the idea, lots of parts.
Hmmmm… wonder how a set of coil overs sent across the ocean would hold up 😂

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
No updates here in a while. I picked up another track ready car and will be shuffling parts around.
Details on this new acquisition?

Full to spec/regs cage already installed, seats, belts, extinguisher system, gutted dash, racing steering wheel setup, the rest of car, etc.???

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #229
Details on this new acquisition?

Full to spec/regs cage already installed, seats, belts, extinguisher system, gutted dash, racing steering wheel setup, the rest of car, etc.???
It was the one just listed as sold on these forums. Orange with CF hood. I'm going to go a bit of a different direction - mechanically will be an extreme car but not going to fully gut it. 380whp will be fast whether the car is 2800lbs or 2500lbs. I do have plans to do an all out built track car in the near future but this one is not it.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #230
Prepping for engine/trans removal. Once out, I'll swap the trans to the new car. That will allow me to verify functionality of the LSD and gear upgrade. After that I'll see what turbo I want to go with.

20220816_220106.jpg

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #234

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm going to try to sell it as a rolling shell but I suspect it will end up going to a scrap yard. If that's the case I'll be saving doors/hatch/fenders.
You willing to part out the driver's side door card (if it's a black one). I'm still looking for a replacement.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #236
You willing to part out the driver's side door card (if it's a black one). I'm still looking for a replacement.
Yup, not quite at that point but will have a posting at some point. Don't want to get my hand slapped, also don't really want to ship out giant pieces but we can figure something out.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #239
So I'm leaning towards scrapping the shell. Is it worth trying to pull the front doors, gas tank, steering rack off or just send it along to the junk yard?

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I’d only pull what you want to keep for potential failures unless you plan on crashing the other one and needing to swap the powertrain back to it lol