Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba 50/50 BOV

I tried installing Boomba Racing's 50/50 BOV spacer on my 2018 FiST and it didn't go well. It's super tight in there and I only had a 5mm ball head allen key. I couldn't get enough leverage to break the bolts loose and the forward bolt is near impossible to see let alone get a bit close to.

Any tips? I really want to install this spacer but I gave up after trying for nearly 90 minutes today. Any tools that will help? After giving up and putting the wheel back on, I drove to the store and got a new swivel ratchet with a hex bit set that fits the ratchet drive size. Will this be enough or do I need something else.

Last edited:

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Determination. Its a tedious job (only3 screws) but the access is terrible. Lifting the car high enough to get better access helps.

I have longer arms, so i had to get the bolts from in front and the back of the axle I believe. Ive done it twice now. Both times sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Recently was in there to put on a block off plate. For those 3 allen's I used an extended 5mm ball end socket on a swivel extension on a ratchet and it was a pain in the butt. Between that and a plain old L shaped allen key to snug them down, was able to get in there.

OP
R
Thread Starter #4
Determination. Its a tedious job (only3 screws) but the access is terrible. Lifting the car high enough to get better access helps.

I have longer arms, so i had to get the bolts from in front and the back of the axle I believe. Ive done it twice now. Both times sucked.
Yeah, I was having a very hard time. I got some new tools on the way from Amazon and I'm hoping to give it another shot this weekend. I didn't think it was going to be this difficult based on the install videos I watched but, as we all know, the easy car work is usually the worst.