Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba RMM review

Zissou

Holy cow; that thing gets around. By 3,000 miles the mount should be pretty much completely broken in. I'd definitely recommend checking the torque on the bolts again as they are likely to loosen up and cause vibrations if not checked after installing a new RMM.
I put it on this Saturday, and it was like that on the first drive and every drive since then (it's been on 2 days). Is 50 ft lbs the recommended torque? I couldn't find anything on the instructions sheet or on the website, but that's what Cobb says to tighten them to. I've got my click torque wrench that I trust did it exactly to that. I've been driving with the AC off, though it doesn't seem to make much a difference. The additional vibes with the AC on is hardly noticeable.

I put it on this Saturday, and it was like that on the first drive and every drive since then (it's been on 2 days). Is 50 ft lbs the recommended torque? I couldn't find anything on the instructions sheet or on the website, but that's what Cobb says to tighten them to. I've got my click torque wrench that I trust did it exactly to that. I've been driving with the AC off, though it doesn't seem to make much a difference. The additional vibes with the AC on is hardly noticeable.
I'd sell it again and get a Cobb lol

I just put my Mountune one on, and torqued the big bolts to 24nm (18 ft/lb).

i've had my boomba for about 12k. vibrations are almost non-existent, or at least they would be if it werent for my Rearview-mounted radar.
thats the only thing that rattles when first starting to roll from a stop

Zissou

i've had my boomba for about 12k. vibrations are almost non-existent, or at least they would be if it werent for my Rearview-mounted radar.
thats the only thing that rattles when first starting to roll from a stop
I'm sure you've fielded this question, but about how long did it take to break in if you remember? This one should have about 4k miles on it. The most rattling my car has is from taking off from a stop.

Zissou

Yeah that's when my radar rattles, but no other part of my car.
It broke in around 2-3I of use
Gotcha. Well this one is broken in then. I'm really on the fence about keeping it. On one hand; wheel hop is gone and it really hooks up well. Shifts feel nice and crisp and I feel like this thing can handle a lot more power. It does exactly what it's supposed to.

On the other hand, I'm not going to be adding much more power - after the exhaust I'm pretty much done. I've never raced or even Autocrossed the car (yet) and 98% of my driving is city/town so I'm constantly taking off from stops and in traffic. Also I'm pretty sure if I were a better driver this thing would be fine (that takes a lot to admit haha). So while this is a great product, it's not for everyone.

Zissou

Holy cow; that thing gets around. By 3,000 miles the mount should be pretty much completely broken in. I'd definitely recommend checking the torque on the bolts again as they are likely to loosen up and cause vibrations if not checked after installing a new RMM.
So while swapping to my winter wheels today I rechecked the bolts on the mount - still at 50. Tightened the downpipe bracket studs and things were a little smoother. So I went to tighten them more (going for 50) and sheared one. Which is nuts (punny) because they were on super tight from the factory. So my car is in the shop overnight because I'm not dealing with this.

Boomba - could you please start supplying specs? The only instructions are tighten things down. That didn't go so well.

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
So while swapping to my winter wheels today I rechecked the bolts on the mount - still at 50. Tightened the downpipe bracket studs and things were a little smoother. So I went to tighten them more (going for 50) and sheared one. Which is nuts (punny) because they were on super tight from the factory. So my car is in the shop overnight because I'm not dealing with this.

Boomba - could you please start supplying specs? The only instructions are tighten things down. That didn't go so well.
Sorry to hear you had issues with things not going smoothly. As far as torque specs for for the motor mount bolts themselves, you are looking at 50 lb ft for both of the motor mount bolts. The studs that go into the block for the DP bracket are also 50 lb ft. As for the nuts that go on those studs; I would say good and tight, nothing crazy here.

Zissou

Sorry to hear you had issues with things not going smoothly. As far as torque specs for for the motor mount bolts themselves, you are looking at 50 lb ft for both of the motor mount bolts. The studs that go into the block for the DP bracket are also 50 lb ft. As for the nuts that go on those studs; I would say good and tight, nothing crazy here.
Tightening up those studs on the downpipe bracket reduced the vibes though. So I had them too loose (at a bit more than hand tight with a wimpy 3/8" drive wrench). When I brought out the big 1/2" drive wrench that's when things went wrong. Specs on that would be money because those two nuts made a difference. It's much more enjoyable now so I'm betting it's a common issue.

Here's a pic of the stud I sheared for reference on my previous posts.

So installed the RRIMtoday. Defenitaley vibrates a bit more but its not awful. Gonna 1.5-2k vibration and my golf clubs were going crazy in the back. I think its all from the exhaust. Maybe some of those COBB exhaust hangers would numb some of the vibrations