Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba RMM review

XuperXero

You've just installed it yes? Give it a bit of time to mellow out. For cruising though nothing is gonna beat stock for comfort. Cobb could be a better middle ground for you.
Yes, but already got 400km on it ;)

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Glad to hear that there are quite a few of you that are quite pleased with our mount! The mounts definitely break in after a few miles. They drastically improve the overall feel of the car!

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Glad to hear that there are quite a few of you that are quite pleased with our mount! The mounts definitely break in after a few miles. They drastically improve the overall feel of the car!
Boomba, what are the torque specs on your RMM that you recommend for the 4 bolts.

HaveBlue83

I might look into a RMM....but I haven't had any issues with the stocker. never heard it hit once and I drive pretty damn hard....I had to upgrade my SVTF from the stock mounts with just bolt on mods. 1-2 shift was bad. I went to the VF RMM, then started ripping DS mounts...two of em and I went with the VF mounts on all three...car vibrated all the time, it was great LOL. it got racecar real quick. after the side mounts went in, I started ripping apart the RMM...went through two of em, one with race bushing in it when the blower was on there LOL.

I kinda miss those days. the FiST tho, I have no issue. the FoST I got it to knock the RMM and bottom out the engine. Went to an E-focus RMM and it went away, but it was softer than a poly bushing. I don't think I really DO hard 1-2 shifts in the fiesta....it's not that kinda car for me.

I think that people who complain about "vibrating cars" because of a RMM need to ride in a turbo'd, catless, GUTTED car and see what loud and vibratey really feels and sounds like LOL

MOFiST

I'm growing to really like the Boomba RMM. I'm wondering as an aside how well the other mount points will cope with the added vibration on tip in. I guess only time and miles will tell.

XuperXero

Boomba RMM definitely broke in after a 6300 km road trip. Rattle is only there when car is cold. When car's fully warmed up, it's non-existent.

Wheel hops happnen more than first installing.

If only there was a self morphing or on-the-fly adaptable material where it can soften up at idle and stiffen up at wheelspin, then it would be perfect.

Installed my RMM today from Boomba, yeah I can see where you guys were coming from on the vibration. It's a bit on the harsh side, but not unbearable. Wheel hop is pretty much gone, although I haven't really gotten on it yet. Overall, pleased with the purchase and will be nice to see how it breaks in over the next week, as i've got 600 miles or so i'll be putting on the car by the end of the day on Friday.

After around 1k miles, it's settled considerably and only some vibe at cold start and when A/C is roaring. Really digging the RMM from [MENTION=1045]Boomba Racing[/MENTION], glad I made the purchase!

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
After around 1k miles, it's settled considerably and only some vibe at cold start and when A/C is roaring. Really digging the RMM from [MENTION=1045]Boomba Racing[/MENTION], glad I made the purchase!
Glad to hear you're happy with the mount!

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
All aftermarket mounts serve the same purpose, however some do it a little different than others. Upgrading your motor mount is something you'll feel in day to day driving as well. It helps with less engine movement, which results in better shifts. Also reduces wheel hop. It is something you'll feel the benefits of more than just when doing hard launches. The positives go on and on. There was a good post made by [MENTION=282]BlueBomber[/MENTION] somewhere that I can't find that summarized all the reasons why the stock RMM needs to be upgraded.
-Durometer of OEM bushings are overly soft and are overwhelmed by the torque of the ST, especially once tuned.
-As a result of soft durometer bushings, the bushings max out and compress, allowing INCHES of movement in the car under varied throttle load
-Excess unwanted engine movement puts stress on other components and unsettles the balance of the car midcorner
-Overly Soft Bushings "max out", creating that nasty BANG at the firewall you hear when shifting agressively or even on the quicker side of a normal pace when shifting 1-2 and 2-3 in particular
-Replacing the RMM aka Rear Roll Resistor with one with appropriate durometer bushings eliminates the bang noise and enhances the feeling of precision control over the car, especially mid-corner

This help?

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
-Durometer of OEM bushings are overly soft and are overwhelmed by the torque of the ST, especially once tuned.
-As a result of soft durometer bushings, the bushings max out and compress, allowing INCHES of movement in the car under varied throttle load
-Excess unwanted engine movement puts stress on other components and unsettles the balance of the car midcorner
-Overly Soft Bushings "max out", creating that nasty BANG at the firewall you hear when shifting agressively or even on the quicker side of a normal pace when shifting 1-2 and 2-3 in particular
-Replacing the RMM aka Rear Roll Resistor with one with appropriate durometer bushings eliminates the bang noise and enhances the feeling of precision control over the car, especially mid-corner

This help?
Exactly what we were looking for! Thank you!

Zissou

Thanks! Now I have to picture 50 lbs on a 1 foot long lever. Will loosen it tonight and retighten it.
Well hey, just try an imagine 70 Newtons on a 1 meter long lever.

Searched for Isaac Newton pics. Was not disappointed...

So thousands of miles/kms later... how do you like the RMM? Still vibey? I'm thinking about getting one, but the majority of my driving is low rpm, trying to get decent fuel economy. But that wheel hop has to go.

XuperXero

Well hey, just try an imagine 70 Newtons on a 1 meter long lever.

Searched for Isaac Newton pics. Was not disappointed...

So thousands of miles/kms later... how do you like the RMM? Still vibey? I'm thinking about getting one, but the majority of my driving is low rpm, trying to get decent fuel economy. But that wheel hop has to go.
That pic is gold [rofl]

I must have put at least 20,000kms on it by now if not 25,000. Still plenty of cabin shudder when starting off. After 1500rpm is fine. One thing I notice that it's very mild and with very little NVH during hot summer weather. Getting cooler now... Rattles are back. Must be some plastic panels in the back causing it. I'm beginning to think Euro 3dr and US 5dr have different tightness tolerance of panels especially with heating and contracting of the plastic.

Zissou

Yeah I put my Boomba RMM on this weekend. Bought a used one. That cabin shudder is probably why I'm going to sell it and go back to stock. Pretty much all of my driving is city/town driving starting off from stop signs. That wheel hop is gone but I'm not sure I can handle the vibes based on how much low rpm driving I do

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Yeah I put my Boomba RMM on this weekend. Bought a used one. That cabin shudder is probably why I'm going to sell it and go back to stock. Pretty much all of my driving is city/town driving starting off from stop signs. That wheel hop is gone but I'm not sure I can handle the vibes based on how much low rpm driving I do
Any idea how many miles the previous owner put on it?

Zissou

Any idea how many miles the previous owner put on it?
@Boomba Previous owner claims he put 3,000 miles on. Guy before that, 750 miles. 1st owner, not sure. Looks like I could possibly be the 4th owner on this forum. How much cabin shudder is to be expected taking off from a stop? It's enough that everything in the car shakes and its loud enough to interrupt conversations. Not sure if it's defective or supposed to be that intense.

I torqued the bolts to 50 ft lbs, if anyone is curious.

Found these old for sale posts. Looks like this one has gotten around. I bought it from this. http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/6025-SOLD-Boomba-RMM-USED-125-shipped
Previous owner bought it here. I inherited that same billing slip. http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...mba-Fiesta-ST-Rear-Motor-Mount-RMM-Almost-New

And I'll probably be selling it here pretty soon. Either going to go back to stock or get a Cobb or Moutune. I need a softer RMM for a daily driver. I don't drive aggressively enough to warrant the vibes. Anyone want to trade that's looking for something stiffer than the Cobb/Mountune?

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
@Boomba Previous owner claims he put 3,000 miles on. Guy before that, 750 miles. 1st owner, not sure. Looks like I could possibly be the 4th owner on this forum. How much cabin shudder is to be expected taking off from a stop? It's enough that everything in the car shakes and its loud enough to interrupt conversations. Not sure if it's defective or supposed to be that intense.

I torqued the bolts to 50 ft lbs, if anyone is curious.

Found these old for sale posts. Looks like this one has gotten around. I bought it from this. http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/6025-SOLD-Boomba-RMM-USED-125-shipped
Previous owner bought it here. I inherited that same billing slip. http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...mba-Fiesta-ST-Rear-Motor-Mount-RMM-Almost-New

And I'll probably be selling it here pretty soon. Either going to go back to stock or get a Cobb or Moutune. I need a softer RMM for a daily driver. I don't drive aggressively enough to warrant the vibes. Anyone want to trade that's looking for something stiffer than the Cobb/Mountune?
Holy cow; that thing gets around. By 3,000 miles the mount should be pretty much completely broken in. I'd definitely recommend checking the torque on the bolts again as they are likely to loosen up and cause vibrations if not checked after installing a new RMM.