Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Ultimate Shift Package installed!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Interesting.. I did trim the reverse lockout black plastic bit, I trimmed just off the right corner where he points in the video, did you trip the long edge too? I only trimmed the corner/shorter edge, I felt like I didn't trim enough. Now my lockout slides down all the way if I push it bit gets stuck/theres friction so when I pull it up it doesn't return on it's own. Does it sound to you like its most likely the trim that wasn't enough? I still don't quite understand what here the trim meets the other part or why exactly were trimming it.. thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine reverse was binding on the new shaft. I took a round file to the inside of the lock out and added a smidge of silicon. Moves perfectly after. The cut piece is require to prevent the reverse from hitting the lockout lock due to the new angle.

Mine reverse was binding on the new shaft. I took a round file to the inside of the lock out and added a smidge of silicon. Moves perfectly after. The cut piece is require to prevent the reverse from hitting the lockout lock due to the new angle.
Thanks CG, I think that I'm experiencing a similar issue, the lock out seems to not slide well and I just realized it was the only area where I didn't apply any white lithium greese and I recall the OEM lever had some on there when I removed it. I should probably file the inside a bit and apply some greese, hopefully that'll do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
P
Thread Starter #23
I would say mine is definitely more like 3/4 to a full inch of travel, the 1/4 inch distance does sound pretty short. If it's functional maybe you don't have to worry too much but may want to investigate just to be sure.

chi

Noticed binding getting into first all other shifts are very nice. Is this normal? Is there a way to verify I installed it correctly? 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th are much farther to the left compared to 5th and 6th seem way out to the right.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I may have trimmed my revers lockout too much and now my shifter slides into reverse without me pulling up... do I need to get a new mechanism?

That's exactly what it is. I am borrowing a dremel tonight so should have it solved tomorrow. Thanks!