Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boost loss

DAW

Isn’t that when you shift from 3rd back to 2nd instead of 4th? It’s got to be nearly impossible to go into first from 4th, plus nobody is going to be pushing that direction. But what do I know, I’ve only owned like 15 cars the past 20 years 1592877176733.png

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Isn’t that when you shift from 3rd back to 2nd instead of 4th? It’s got to be nearly impossible to go into first from 4th, plus nobody is going to be pushing that direction. But what do I know, I’ve only owned like 15 cars the past 20 years View attachment 31991
People make the mistake going from 4th to 3rd and accidentally push into first.

How many cars you have had doesn't mean anything. It says you like to waste money.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

DAW

People make the mistake going from 4th to 3rd and accidentally push into first.

How many cars you have had doesn't mean anything. It says you like to waste money.

It means I have experience with many different vehicles, when I owned my Celica in 2002 that was a HUGE problem in the Celica community, people would blow their engines all the time because the gate was so small. 1st,2nd,3rd,2nd then boom. Never have I heard anyone going from 4the to 1st, would have to be a complete amateur for that to happen. So yes, I agree I have wasted money on all of my cars. But I have the luxury of wasting money on cars so, I’m ok with that.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
It means I have experience with many different vehicles, when I owned my Celica in 2002 that was a HUGE problem in the Celica community, people would blow their engines all the time because the gate was so small. 1st,2nd,3rd,2nd then boom. Never have I heard anyone going from 4the to 1st, would have to be a complete amateur for that to happen. So yes, I agree I have wasted money on all of my cars. But I have the luxury of wasting money on cars so, I’m ok with that.
Amateurs exist and shit happens.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Isn’t that when you shift from 3rd back to 2nd instead of 4th? It’s got to be nearly impossible to go into first from 4th, plus nobody is going to be pushing that direction. But what do I know, I’ve only owned like 15 cars the past 20 years View attachment 31991
I was only using that as an extreme example of shifting into a lower gear one should NOT be in when traveling that fast, causing a mechanical over rev, which bypasses the rev limiter, and possibly causes major damage, i.e.; 'money shifting'. [wink]

OP
J

jayrod1980

Thread Starter #26
The car builds boost but doesn’t seem to do so as fast as it used to, nor as powerful... seems laggy. Access port fake torque estimate is only like 205 lb-ft. Never used that reading before so I’m not sure if it means anything. Still, stock turbo and bolt on upgraded pipes, IC and Tune+ tune should and was a lot peppier prior.

Regarding the bypass valve, I totally disassembled the DV+, cleaned and re-oiled the piston. The finish was a little worn on the top of the piston, but otherwise looked fine. Turbo smart plumb back bypass valve with the electric solenoid was no better (little cooler sound) and a hell of a bear harder to get installed because of the shape of it (that screw on the right was hours of work trying to get in place).

Sorry, fat fingering names of stuff. Brisk plugs yes, and Castrol Edge... car has been full synthetic Castrol Edge or Penszoil full synthetic equivalent and Fl-400 filter since the first oil change at 1500 miles.

I guess I just need to triple check the vac lines. I hope my turbo Wastegate or worse isn’t messed up somehow. I’m not hard on the car and it’s well maintained with pretty mild mods.

OP
J

jayrod1980

Thread Starter #28
Did you see my boost loss thread? Mine was because I didn’t put the PCV hose back on the intake correctly. Any little plumbing bit needs to be checked.
Did you have any codes? I’ll check that, and come to think of it, I did clean and re oil my panel filter fairly recently.

OP
J

jayrod1980

Thread Starter #31
DO you have a OCC installed?
I was just going to ask you about that! I checked all of my vacuum hoses and I had a lot of gunk on the in-line check valve of my Damond OCC. Could that be causing my boost leak? The hoses themselves look perfect, just that crap on the underside of the metal inline check valve. I may take it off this weekend. I’ve noticed the past couple oil changes that I’m not getting anything out of the can.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Make sure to note the way the check valve goes also to ensure it gets put back in the correct way. I have tried and learned the hard way about draining my OCC when I had one while the engine was running and man...ill tell you that the car didn't like it at all as its under vacuum. Its sputtered and bucked!

OP
J

jayrod1980

Thread Starter #33
I may just pull the catch can for now to check. I’ve had the thing on there for years. I’m wondering if it’s really even doing anything with as little as I’ve gotten in the can during this whole time. Probably in the 50,000 miles I’ve had it on I’ve never gotten more than a teaspoon or two of fluid when emptying it.

I may just pull the catch can for now to check. I’ve had the thing on there for years. I’m wondering if it’s really even doing anything with as little as I’ve gotten in the can during this whole time. Probably in the 50,000 miles I’ve had it on I’ve never gotten more than a teaspoon or two of fluid when emptying it.
There have been debates about the effectiveness of a catch can but in my opinion every teaspoon is a teaspoon of oil not gunking something up. Unless it’s the check valve that’s gunked up then I’d rather have that gunk then a valve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I will say that they DO catch excess fluid. But using a good quality Sn+ oil also helps cut down on deposits. But now that I have 4 port Aux. fuel I have no need for it so I sold mine to another member.