Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boost pressure flucuations

I just installed a new S280 Turbo and while the car runs great, when I ran some datalogs for my tuner the boost pressure was up and down. went up to 20, then down to 18, then back up to 21 , then down a bit. I don't feel surging while driving it, but its there. He said to check for boost leaks, which I did, and to check the electronic boost control seleniod. After a little research, I fealt I might have reversed the direction it was mounted, thus reversing the BOV line and the line to the turbo, wastegate would be the same regardless. I checked on line to see if I could find a picture of the correct setup and decided I might have done it backwards. So I switched the hoses based on a picture I saw on these forums and ran new datalogs. The car runs much more powerful and boost went up to 26psi, but the logs show even more fluctuations in the boost pressure. Another thing I noticed was the BOV goes off after even a slight boost amount and let off of the gas pedal, seems to just stay open longer. Things going off all the time. Now I feel like I had it right the first time. Can someone tell me how theirs is set up, so at least I know I have the vacuum lines in the right places off the ecbs. From there, I guess I just need to find out whats causing the boost fluctuations. Thanks

wade.boothe

U.S. Army Veteran
I know this is an old post, but I am dealing with this same problem. I just have the 2860. I am on my base tune so just getting started with tuning it.

wade.boothe

U.S. Army Veteran
I had a pin hole in a piece of vacuum hose. It would not manifest itself unless I was under pressure. Swapped out the line and life is good again.