Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boost pressure

My 2014 ST has a
cobra 3” cat back no res system
Airtec stage 2 induction
Turbo smart recirc valve
Vudu symposer delete

im pretty sure my st isn’t boosting right as I’m getting 7psi on over boost in 4th and 5th and from 1st to 3rd I get 5 psi at a push

I’m seeing people getting between 16-19 psi. I’m wondering if it could be a stuck Actuator/wastegate.
I’ve checked all boost pipes and tighten all clamps and changed the standard boost solinoid and now I don’t know where to go next.

if anyone could help that would be great.
Cheers

I am getting around 20 boost. With exhaust and intake using a Stratifie management program.
Sounds like you got a leak or something going on.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
No codes?

Id look for a torn line for the actuator and boost controller, loose couplers, could be a bad wastegate diaphragm. Stuck diverter valve.

OP
Twoodal16
Thread Starter #5
I am getting around 20 boost. With exhaust and intake using a Stratifie management program.
Sounds like you got a leak or something going on.
I’m hopefully going to get test at some point
Thanks for the reply

OP
Twoodal16
Thread Starter #6
No codes?

Id look for a torn line for the actuator and boost controller, loose couplers, could be a bad wastegate diaphragm. Stuck diverter valve.
I’ll have a look into it more
Yh thanks for the reply 👍🏼

PhoenixM3

My 2014 ST has a
Airtec stage 2 induction
Turbo smart recirc valve
Vudu symposer delete

im pretty sure my st isn’t boosting right as I’m getting 7psi on over boost in 4th and 5th and from 1st to 3rd I get 5 psi at a push

I’m seeing people getting between 16-19 psi. I’m wondering if it could be a stuck Actuator/wastegate.
I’ve checked all boost pipes and tighten all clamps and changed the standard boost solinoid and now I don’t know where to go next.

Cheers
Is the car tuned, and is there a chance that you swapped to an ECO tune on accident?

My 2014 ST has a
Airtec stage 2 induction
Turbo smart recirc valve
Vudu symposer delete

Cheers
I would agree with you that the wastegate appears a likely candidate for this problem. I began having issues with my TurboSmart Full-Plumb Back wastegate after just a few months. Mine manifested in strange sound, low performance, check engine, and high misfire count. I bought a different/new BOV and returned to normal function. Not sure if this is helpful but I would try a new one in your shoes.

I am running the Mountune 93oct tune and see 25-26psi consistently on WOT.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Is the car tuned, and is there a chance that you swapped to an ECO tune on accident?
They do not have hand held tuning devices on the other side of the pond, which allow the owner to rapidly switch back and forth between tunes-totally different MAF based tuning system-NO APs. [wink]

OP
Twoodal16
Thread Starter #12
Ch
I would agree with you that the wastegate appears a likely candidate for this problem. I began having issues with my TurboSmart Full-Plumb Back wastegate after just a few months. Mine manifested in strange sound, low performance, check engine, and high misfire count. I bought a different/new BOV and returned to normal function. Not sure if this is helpful but I would try a new one in your shoes.

I am running the Mountune 93oct tune and see 25-26psi consistently on WOT.
Thanks mate I’ll Try it

They do not have hand held tuning devices on the other side of the pond, which allow the owner to rapidly switch back and forth between tunes-totally different MAF based tuning system-NO APs. [wink]
On a multi-map tune, one can change tunes without the AP being connected. I went a few months without my AP hooked up when testing other OBDII tools.

@Twoodal16 Did you buy her new (asking to make sure you're positive no tune has been applied)? Reading @PhoenixM3's response this sounds spot on. My low-boost map goes to 5psi. If you're not getting check engine codes or errors and still seeing low boost numbers an eco-tune or eco-map slot seems more likely than a faulty BOV. Most tunes can be controlled through the steering wheel's cruise control. If you're not sure if she has a tune you should be able to check it out by double-clicking the "res" on your steering wheel's cruise control. The RPM gauge should jump to the 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 thousand marks at this prompt. If the RPM gauge does move to one of these numbers she is telling you what map she's in. My setup is 1-high boost, 2-high boost + Launch Control + FFS, 3-eco, 4-panic / bad fuel but all tuners are a little different.

PhoenixM3

Really? I had no idea, but brought this up as I’ve swapped tunes before and it sucked because I was trying to accelerate to autostrada speed.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Really? I had no idea, but brought this up as I’ve swapped tunes before and it sucked because I was trying to accelerate to autostrada speed.
Yes, and I am not even sure that they can switch back and forth, between any of the hard, written-in tunes which they have available from their tuners, using the steering wheel controls, as we can, like Cuzi suggests. [dunno]

OP
Twoodal16
Thread Starter #16
On a multi-map tune, one can change tunes without the AP being connected. I went a few months without my AP hooked up when testing other OBDII tools.

@Twoodal16 Did you buy her new (asking to make sure you're positive no tune has been applied)? Reading @PhoenixM3's response this sounds spot on. My low-boost map goes to 5psi. If you're not getting check engine codes or errors and still seeing low boost numbers an eco-tune or eco-map slot seems more likely than a faulty BOV. Most tunes can be controlled through the steering wheel's cruise control. If you're not sure if she has a tune you should be able to check it out by double-clicking the "res" on your steering wheel's cruise control. The RPM gauge should jump to the 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 thousand marks at this prompt. If the RPM gauge does move to one of these numbers she is telling you what map she's in. My setup is 1-high boost, 2-high boost + Launch Control + FFS, 3-eco, 4-panic / bad fuel but all tuners are a little different.
I bought my car a year ago (I live in uk by the way)
And 99% it was stock as I’ve done all mods myself and it’s only ST2 so doesn’t have cruise control

Yes, and I am not even sure that they can switch back and forth, between any of the hard, written-in tunes which they have available from their tuners, using the steering wheel controls, as we can, like Cuzi suggests. [dunno]
That would be a bummer. I switch between low boost and high boost every so often just to change the experience. Playing with the AP is a blast it would be a bummer without.

OP
Twoodal16
Thread Starter #18
hi guys
just to update you
ive sorted the boost issue.
it was a cracked spark plug and knock sensor

so if you guys have this issue
I would have ur car smoke tested or some other boost test and is all fine then id look into your spark plugs and sensor they could be faulty.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
My setup is 1-high boost, 2-high boost + Launch Control + FFS, 3-eco, 4-panic / bad fuel but all tuners are a little different.
Mine adds a 5th: Wastegate actuator evaluation mode. No, I've never used it. :p