Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boost pressure winter vs summer

Stkid93

Premium Account
Hey guys,

looking for some help with the fists boost logic and how our ecus are tuned. Back in the old days you would have to worry about over boosting in cold weather, however which electronic boost control now we have way more control over boost pressure. And I’ve actually heard that boost is lower in colder weather because the motor doesn’t have to work as hard due to more air volume, and in the summer the car is pushing more boost cause it’s working harder to meet the desired numbers.

asking because in the summer I would hit 26 ish psi and in the winter I’m closer to 24.5. Small difference but curious

the duke

It’s density. Direct relation with temperature. Colder air is denser, that same amount of gasses are in a smaller volume. Not to mention that IATs and temperatures are colder pre and post charge. And heat exchangers are more efficient.