Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bosch Uprated Injectors

dhminer

2000 Post Club
That's a great thought but, the cam bucket is still actuated by the love on the cam shaft. In reality if you want more stroke you would need to replace the cam with one that has a different profile lobe.
Pumaspeed offers such a cam as an alternative to a new hpfp. I almost bought one but installing the cam seems like a bitch

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
That's a great thought but, the cam bucket is still actuated by the love on the cam shaft. In reality if you want more stroke you would need to replace the cam with one that has a different profile lobe.
Wishful thinking i know* But we can wish in one hand and poop in the other and see which one fills up first!

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Man, it really is a shame that a $1400 fuel pump, with a wait time, is the only upgrade option we have. At least we have an option, though.
there are other options for added fuel
$699 for whoosh single port aux
$1299 for Peron 4 port aux
and there is another pump being released later this year which will cost slightly more then the current XDI

there are other options for added fuel
$699 for whoosh single port aux
$1299 for Peron 4 port aux
and there is another pump being released later this year which will cost slightly more then the current XDI
Is that pump going to be commensurate to the XDI or a bit better?

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
There will be (are) two different pumps from XDI. Unless you are looking to break 400whp (and break a stock engine), the XDI 35% pump is fine. The other one I think is called the XDI EVO that I believe is 50%.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
the XDI 35 series pump already supports more HP than a stock 1.6L can safely produce (375-400whp)
so by better I'd say probably not - similar in capability is what I would expect
There is a XDI EVO series pump available upon request if the 35 standard flow HPFP isn't enough

Not to highjack the thread but A budget friendly upgraded hpfp was something I attempted about 2 years ago or so. Focus st hpfp. Required a custom lowside fuel line and a adapter plate to mount using the stock high pressure line. It Worked and the car ran great after some adjustments but end gains where minimal. Ended up not being worth the headache. Port injection is Bae ❤️
F0DA11FF-54E4-4770-84D0-CC976D159AE3.jpeg 933C8038-E2F5-4F38-973C-C1B1DCF93BFA.jpeg

What did you do that helped it work? As far as it supplying the necessary fuel rail pressure?

The Jag HPFP fits in the Fiesta ST OEM location no problem and bolts in exactly like OEM. The only difference is the fuel lines are oriented different.

I don't know what the xdi HPFP secret is but technically the Jaguar HPFP will support up to 200 bar.

I did notice that under 4k rpm it will flow more than desired. Desired 2600 psi actual 2900 psi. Above 5k rpm desired is 2700 psi actual will dip under 2000 psi.

It's time to start saving my pennies 😁

Erick_V

The Jag HPFP fits in the Fiesta ST OEM location no problem and bolts in exactly like OEM. The only difference is the fuel lines are oriented different.

I don't know what the xdi HPFP secret is but technically the Jaguar HPFP will support up to 200 bar.
The secret is the HPFP internals (I think). They are machined differently to make more pressure and give more flow. If the OEM HPFP can be disassembled like the MS3/6 HPFP then we could throw new internals in and it will easily support the power 99% of us want (300-400whp). We have enough pressure from the LPFP to support what we want the HPFP pressure is that we lack. Could be completely wrong but just spitballing.

Explanation of what I’m talking about is around the 7 min mark. I’ve never seen our pump disassembled so idk if this is possible.

View: https://youtu.be/6RXOSP0vX7Q

Erick_V

To add to the above post, I have my OEM MS3 HPFP internals in a box somewhere and I’d be happy to send them to someone smarter than me to take measurements if they want.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The secret is the HPFP internals (I think). They are machined differently to make more pressure and give more flow. If the OEM HPFP can be disassembled like the MS3/6 HPFP then we could throw new internals in and it will easily support the power 99% of us want (300-400whp). We have enough pressure from the LPFP to support what we want the HPFP pressure is that we lack. Could be completely wrong but just spitballing.

Explanation of what I’m talking about is around the 7 min mark. I’ve never seen our pump disassembled so idk if this is possible.

View: https://youtu.be/6RXOSP0vX7Q
Our pump looks like it may be able to come apart near the sensor. There appears to be a retaining clip that may be able to come off and reveal internals. From what i can see just by pictures.

So 200bar is only 2900 psi 😅 thats my target psi with the stock hpfp it will hold 2900psi fine if your supplying port injection and not running the hpfp to its limits. As far as the focus st pump i have the data for it so i used it with some tweeks. The issue is more the cam lobe then anything so if you look at a focus rs and st the hpfp is the same and same pn and can be swapped the difference is the rs is a 4 lobe cam and the st is 3 lobe. On the rs it supplys alot more fuel due to this but you also have to look at lift, duration, lobe count ext. Witch all effect what the pump is capable of. So because the jag pump is bolt on doesnt mean the cam lobes are the same between the fist and jag and will supply the same volume of fuel. Same with the fost pump i assumed id be able to push to the mid 300s on the fost pump like i can with a focus st but i found out it just wasnt going to happen on the 1.6 now maybe if i chop off a focus st fuel lobe off the exhaust cam and weld it to a fiesta cam it might work better but its kinda just not worth it. Pumaspeeds exhaust cam might help a bit with the stock hpfp and even more with the jag hpfp or focus st hpfp but someone has to try it 😅 id be willing to test if these companies would work with me on it but thats like pulling teeth! but for now port injection is still imo the best option

I'll gladly take apart my OEM HPFP. What internal parts would work though? Erick_v message me and I'll test the parts with the OEM HPFP.

I would also like to test the pumaspeed cam but I don't think any of the tuners would want to be messing with all that.

The xdi HPFP doesn't require us to change the cam so it has to be something they changed on the HPFP itself.

its_stock

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Ford didn't do its tuners any favors by making the stock HPFP a sealed unit. As I said previously the VW and Audi guys can just replace their stock piston and sleeve with a larger unit and voila higher output. Shoot even the BMW tuners have it better than we do since their HPFP is based on a gear-driven system. All they have to do is add a set of reduction gears to overdrive their pump and again more fuel.

Here is a good description of how piston style HPFP's work. https://performancebyie.com/products/ie-hpfp-vw-audi-20t-fsi
And here is some cool info on rotary style HPFP's http://spoolperformance.us/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=71

Enjoy

If i where a betting man id say the pumaspeed exhaust cam is nothing more then a machined oem cam to give the lobes a steeper open/closing ramp while retaining close to oem lift. Be interesting to get hands on one may do some tinkering with a stock cam to see what i can come up with or just spend the money and order a pumaspeed one.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'll gladly take apart my OEM HPFP. What internal parts would work though? Erick_v message me and I'll test the parts with the OEM HPFP.

I would also like to test the pumaspeed cam but I don't think any of the tuners would want to be messing with all that.

The xdi HPFP doesn't require us to change the cam so it has to be something they changed on the HPFP itself.
Since the stroke doesn't change I would imagine that the XDI pump has a larger bore. The MS3 mod. upgraded the cylinder and piston to a larger bore.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
If i where a betting man id say the pumaspeed exhaust cam is nothing more then a machined oem cam to give the lobes a steeper open/closing ramp while retaining close to oem lift. Be interesting to get hands on one may do some tinkering with a stock cam to see what i can come up with or just spend the money and order a pumaspeed one.
I believe that the PumaSpeed cam has a 4th lobe - more piston stroke per cam revolution.