Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Brake job on the Fiesta

With about 45k on my wife's Fiesta, it's due for brakes. Do the calipers compress like normal ones, or are they the screwy screw-in pistons that require a special tool?

The front calipers compress normally, but the rears require the tool. I think it's due to the emergency brake.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I used the tip of a pry bar to spin the rear caliper while pushing in with a big set of channel locks.
Removing the cap from the master cylinder may help as well.

I have broken many of the cubes in my day to day profession. I broke my third one in a matter of a year, decided to swap over to the press style kit, and have had much better luck!

OP
S
Thread Starter #8
I think a friend of mine has the press style kit he'd let me borrow, otherwise I'll buy that.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I have broken many of the cubes in my day to day profession. I broke my third one in a matter of a year, decided to swap over to the press style kit, and have had much better luck!
I agree. Just for those budget minded DIY they are good enough. The cube is the quick and dirty way that you feel powerful when done(unless your knuckles bounced of the wheel well or brake disc. The press is the lazy Sunday when you have a beer to drink. Both works. I started with the cube and waited for the press kits to go on sale. For $10 the cube work well in a pinch.