Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Coolant Replacement/Brake Job Cost

Has anyone had their coolant replaced? What about a brake job? I will most likely do it myself, but was curious to see what it costs to have those services performed.

SrsBsns

Coolant would be pretty cheap, I'd imagine.

I did my radiator not that long ago and only spent about $30-$40 on coolant/water/additive.

I've done brakes as well but didn't need to do the rotors at the time. Want to say that I was around $250 with OE Motorcraft pads (front and rear) and a bottle of fluid for a flush. I would add another $300 for rotors, but I'm not sure about that.

These prices are for DIY. I'd be prepared to pay significantly more if you're having the work done. However, these are pretty easy jobs for anyone to do.

OP
Sprinkle_Star
Thread Starter #3
well, that's good news - i wanna see how much money i'll end up saving.

did you just buy one gallon of coolant and a gallon of water?

SrsBsns

Yeah, I used one gallon of the Ford orange stuff and a gallon of water. I threw in some water wetter as well.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Coolant would be pretty cheap, I'd imagine.

I did my radiator not that long ago and only spent about $30-$40 on coolant/water/additive.

I've done brakes as well but didn't need to do the rotors at the time. Want to say that I was around $250 with OE Motorcraft pads (front and rear) and a bottle of fluid for a flush. I would add another $300 for rotors, but I'm not sure about that.

These prices are for DIY. I'd be prepared to pay significantly more if you're having the work done. However, these are pretty easy jobs for anyone to do.
One of my local Ford dealers quoted me ~$200.00 PER AXLE just for labor on a brake job.
They also said it was only ~$85.00 for a brake fluid drain and refill/bleed, so I might just do the hard parts myself, and let them do the fluid.

Business6

One of my local Ford dealers quoted me ~$200.00 PER AXLE just for labor on a brake job.
They also said it was only ~$85.00 for a brake fluid drain and refill/bleed, so I might just do the hard parts myself, and let them do the fluid.
That's like 1/3rd the cost my stealership quoted me per axle, no joke

SrsBsns

Whaaat. That's crazy. I know it's a stealership but come on.

Takes about 30 minutes per wheel if you're doing it on the ground with jackstands. Faster if you have impact tools and a lift.

When you do the brake pads/rotors, you don't need to do a full drain. I just like to bleed them and make sure to keep the MC topped off as I go.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
When you do the brake pads/rotors, you don't need to do a full drain. I just like to bleed them and make sure to keep the MC topped off as I go.
I am a true believer in NOT keeping the brake fluid in the system for longer than 2 years (maybe if I lived in the desert, I would extend that somewhat [wink]).

So, I am already almost 2 years past that on the factory fluid, hence the drain/flush self imposed, 'requirement'. (Despite whatever Ford states in it's manuals, brake fluid is MOST DEFINITELY NOT a 'lifetime fill' thing!! [nono])

I am reluctant to do that part of the job myself, since all of the complications of our ABS/nanny systems, combined with the clutch reservoir sharing thing, and so many on here having air in the system problems after doing this themselves.

If I decide to upgrade to one of the fixed caliper, multi-pistons setups, and change to braided lines as well, I may have to find a place to do the WHOLE job, including the fluid change, since that entails opening, and disconnecting the factory lines. [:(]