Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bridgestone gives us another option in 16

Brianmc27

Those look pretty aggressive!
Where did you see the details on the size? I’m pretty devoted to running 215/45r16, so always good to have more options.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I think I will keep my symmetrical tires thank you. With the amount of outside wear I get with AutoX flipping the tires is a must to get any kind of life.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Are we sure they are going to bring them over here??

So many great donuts are available ONLY in Europe and Japan nowadays, especially in the sizes which WE can use. [mad]

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Are we sure they are going to bring them over here??

So many great donuts are available ONLY in Europe and Japan nowadays, especially in the sizes which WE can use. [mad[
It was talked about on GRM that these will eventually replace the RE71R that is available here in the US.

I believe they redesigned them due to the original being directional. Lots of guys want to rotate them around when they wear. I know that was a huge gripe with the OG.

Falken is also set to debut the RT600 which is the replacement for the RT615k+. So a ton of new extreme performance tires are coming out in the next year.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
It was talked about on GRM that these will eventually replace the RE71R that is available here in the US.
I hope this is not the case. Asymmetrical is not much fun when the car is camber challenged.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I think I will keep my symmetrical tires thank you. With the amount of outside wear I get with AutoX flipping the tires is a must to get any kind of life.
I mean, you can still flip them? You aren't autocrossing in standing water with RE71R are you? The direction of the tire doesn't affect dry grip.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I mean, you can still flip them? You aren't autocrossing in standing water with RE71R are you? The direction of the tire doesn't affect dry grip.
It is not so much the direction of tire I am worried about but the outside edge of the tire wearing out. On those new RE's, one side of the tire is supposed to always be the outside edge. So on my car, the outside edge wears very fast: I flip the outsides to the insides and I can get another 50% of life out of the tire. Those new RE's, if I have a tire shop flip them, I am now using an edge that was specifically designed to be on the inside as the outside. Performance will suffer.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
It is not so much the direction of tire I am worried about but the outside edge of the tire wearing out. On those new RE's, one side of the tire is supposed to always be the outside edge. So on my car, the outside edge wears very fast: I flip the outsides to the insides and I can get another 50% of life out of the tire. Those new RE's, if I have a tire shop flip them, I am now using an edge that was specifically designed to be on the inside as the outside. Performance will suffer.
My apologies, I misunderstood the comments about these new versions being inside/outside! That makes sense.

SST

Falken is also set to debut the RT600 which is the replacement for the RT615k+. So a ton of new extreme performance tires are coming out in the next year.
when did you find info on this Falken? i did a quick search and nothing came up. i am set to buy a set of 615k+ in the summer till now lol

kevinatfms

when did you find info on this Falken? i did a quick search and nothing came up. i am set to buy a set of 615k+ in the summer till now lol
It was leaked on Grassroots Motorsports at Solo Nats 2019. They were using them in the SSC class for testing.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/f...-these-falkens-new-azenis-rt660/158785/page1/

Once GRM leaked them Falken leaked it themselves on Instagram. I believe they are to debut here in the next month. Just search Falken RT660 on google and pictures come up of the tread design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk