Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Butterybunz is Back! Let the build thread commence...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I have always been a fan of the stock intake system
AGREED, as I care NOTHING at all for under hood 'bling' If it does not add at least some noticeable, ACTUAL performance besides 'intake/spool/BPV noise'.
It's also a BIG RED FLAG IF the car ever has to go back to the dealer quickly, before one has the chance to switch it out for the stocker! (At least the non-Mountune/ST 200 aftermarket ones are.)

I did buy one of the drop-in, Ram Air foam filters to try (NOT expecting anything out of it!!) once pollen season is over. ;)

OP
Butterybunz

Butterybunz

Thread Starter #22
BC Coilovers are in. My last car had ST Suspension coilovers and the BCs are worlds better. I went with the upgraded 6k front and 4k rear springs, the ride is still way better than stock. Bouncyness is gone and I enjoy the ability to adjust the dampening.

Not going very low right now. Waiting until I install the M2Motoring Flares and wide wheel/tire setup before further adjustment. Right now I'm very happy with the results!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I've always wondered, does the FiST shift fast for for everyone else or in the motion of click-click.

When I go to shift it feels like I'm shifting a shitbox, haven't gotten the chance to drive someone else's FiST to know better. I'm running the Ultimate kit from Boomba, and solid motor mounts all around

Sent from my CIA monitored device
It feels about as good as can be expected for a cable-shifted setup, which for me, coming from DIRECT into the gearbox's shift rails type RWD cars, IS pretty "shitty", but with the Mountune 30% reduction 'plate', and the boomba cable bracket bushings, it is not too bad for me right now. (Kind of like a SOFT 'snick-snick' feel shift, like a VERY damped/rubber bushed direct shifter feel.)

Most on here have come from an exclusive background of cable shifted, FWD cars, so I am pretty sure that they have had some rides with much crappier setups in the past. [wink]

OP
Butterybunz

Butterybunz

Thread Starter #24
It feels about as good as can be expected for a cable-shifted setup, which for me, coming from DIRECT into the gearbox's shift rails type RWD cars, IS pretty "shitty", but with the Mountune 30% reduction 'plate', and the boomba cable bracket bushings, it is not too bad for me right now. (Kind of like a SOFT 'snick-snick' feel shift, like a VERY damped/rubber bushed direct shifter feel.)

Most on here have come from an exclusive background of cable shifted, FWD cars, so I am pretty sure that they have had some rides with much crappier setups in the past. [wink]
My 370Z had a short shift kit and was a totally different feel from my FiST. It was notchy and took a lot of effort to get into gear. I prefer the FiST which easily slides into gears yet feels plenty direct to me.

OP
Butterybunz

Butterybunz

Thread Starter #28
I started a thread about my poor experience with the Ultimate Racing TBE system, you can read more here.

Beautiful build so far my friend!! Loving this new look ( not that the Red car didnt look great ) but this just looks pissed! Looking at her I cant help but think this is what Ford should have gone with out of the gate. Have fun and welcome back!

OP
Butterybunz

Butterybunz

Thread Starter #31
Beautiful build so far my friend!! Loving this new look ( not that the Red car didnt look great ) but this just looks pissed! Looking at her I cant help but think this is what Ford should have gone with out of the gate. Have fun and welcome back!
Thanks man, much appreciated! I'm really enjoying going crazy with this build and making it exactly how I want it.

OP
Butterybunz

Butterybunz

Thread Starter #33
Did you convert to a 4x100 again to get those shoes on her?
My first car was 4x108. This car I'm using custom built wheel adapters from Motorsport Tech. They are 17mm, hubcentric to my car and the wheels and convert me to 4x100.

Wheels specs without spacers is 15x9 et35, which spacers it's 15x19 et18. Tires are Maxxis VR1 in 245/40/15.

So far no issues after track abuse and daily driving.

My first car was 4x108. This car I'm using custom built wheel adapters from Motorsport Tech. They are 17mm, hubcentric to my car and the wheels and convert me to 4x100.

Wheels specs without spacers is 15x9 et35, which spacers it's 15x19 et18. Tires are Maxxis VR1 in 245/40/15.

So far no issues after track abuse and daily driving.
Awesome! Any noticeable better handling characteristics? These cars handle great as is...but Wider is better as they say, lol.

OP
Butterybunz

Butterybunz

Thread Starter #35
Awesome! Any noticeable better handling characteristics? These cars handle great as is...but Wider is better as they say, lol.
Yes, it's a big difference going from a 205 width tire to a 245. With the flares I'm also able to go very low with my BC Coilovers. I love these Maxxis tires as well, they warm up quickly and seem like they are going to last awhile.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Take some up close pictures of the flares and mounting / body lines if you could!

Kinda interested in going with them but I enjoy my factory exterior... I just managed to get my 225's to clear without rubbing but it would be easier to do with fender flares.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, it's a big difference going from a 205 width tire to a 245. With the flares I'm also able to go very low with my BC Coilovers. I love these Maxxis tires as well, they warm up quickly and seem like they are going to last awhile.
Maxxis needs to release those tires in MANY MANY more sizes!!! [:(]

jeff

2000 Post Club
Great thread buttery....good stuff.

Question for you sir, can you talk to me about your hybrid performance before and after e30? Assuming you looked at logs/vdynos before and after, here are my questions:

1, what sort of hp/tq difference did you see on pump vs. e blend gas?
2, in what rpms does the addition scoot kick in with the e gas?
3, what was your psi boost level (average/target) before and after e gas?

Thanks man! Welcome back!

OP
Butterybunz

Butterybunz

Thread Starter #39
Great thread buttery....good stuff.

Question for you sir, can you talk to me about your hybrid performance before and after e30? Assuming you looked at logs/vdynos before and after, here are my questions:

1, what sort of hp/tq difference did you see on pump vs. e blend gas?
2, in what rpms does the addition scoot kick in with the e gas?
3, what was your psi boost level (average/target) before and after e gas?

Thanks man! Welcome back!
Hey Jeff,

Great questions! I wish I could be of better help. I basically went on e30 the moment my 91 tune was finished. I have never done any VDYNOs. I can tell you there's a very noticeable difference in power. I don't think spool time or boost levels change very much. I believe the increased power is due to the higher octane fuel and able to run more aggressive timing. Most people see a 20-30whp difference.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Hey Jeff,

Great questions! I wish I could be of better help. I basically went on e30 the moment my 91 tune was finished. I have never done any VDYNOs. I can tell you there's a very noticeable difference in power. I don't think spool time or boost levels change very much. I believe the increased power is due to the higher octane fuel and able to run more aggressive timing. Most people see a 20-30whp difference.
OK cool.

Yeah that's what I've read, 20-30, and it's all about timing and that sounds safer too. I'd go e30 but there are no stations near me, it's a 45 minute drive. If we get one close I'll definitely try it out and probably never go back.

Thanks again.