Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Butterybunz is Back! Let the build thread commence...

Butterybunz

Hey Folks, I'm back in a Fiesta ST! You may remember my 2014 FiST, I'll post a picture below. After working on that car for 2 years I thought I wanted something more... so I bought a big single turbo 370Z with over 500whp. The Z was a beautiful & crazy fast car but I kept finding myself wanting back into the drivers seats of a FiST. It's just too much fun on a daily basis. Soooo.... I sold the Z and went to the dealership and picked up my ideal spec 2017 FiST; Magnetic Metallic, Orange Recaros, Nav and no moonroof (I'm 6'4").

My 2014 FiST:

My new 2017 FiST:

Updates as of 06/22/2017

Last track event of 2017

Major Mods:
X37 Hybrid W/Goodies & Ported Mani
BC Coilovers
M2MOTORING Flares
Mountune Front Lip
FSWERKS Short Shift Kit
15x9 Konig Helix
245/40/15 Maxxis VR-1
Ultimate Racing 3" TBE System
DEPO Intercooler W/ ATP Charge Pipe
Cobb AP tuned on E30 by Tune+

[cheers]

May 2018 Update!!
Recent Mods:
Quaife LSD Installed! Thanks to my friend VirtualRonin & a Ford mechanic friend of mine.
Tarox 6-Piston BBK with Track Pads
ADV1 ADV5 Track Spec 3-Piece Forged Wheels W/ Titanium Hardware & Lugnuts
245/35/17 Toyo R1R Tires
Euro LHD Headlights W/ VirtualRonin's Wiring Kit
Diffuser Fins
Big Mouth Snorkel
Pierce Motorsports Bracing

I'll try to get some better pics. These are from my cell which is pretty dated.

My new track setup:
15x9 ET20 Rota Grid Concave W/ 245/40/15 Hankook RS4s

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
WELCOME BACK and CONGRATS on the new ride!!

(But I never even realized you were 'gone' as you were still posting on here, correct?)

Which 15x10s will you use, and are you going to use any of Rick's (RAAMaudio) methods to fit them, or just a lot of cutting to fit them under the flares?
Are you going to use the turn down tip on the Ultimate CBE? (I am going to buy just that tip, black CeraKote it, and put it on the cp-e system's tail pipe I like it so much! [thumb])

neeqness

1000 Post Club
You know, that is the exact car I would choose if I were to move up from the FiST! I had kind of forgot about it though. Interesting that you said you would miss this car because as soon as the opportunity presented itself, I might have done the same... Thanks for posting this, I may stick with the FiST instead now too.

Welcome back!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

OP
Butterybunz

Butterybunz

Thread Starter #10
When owning a 500whp 370Z makes you miss your FiST... That's when you know the FiST is the shit.
Yessir! It's just too much fun on a daily basis [cool] Here's the Z that I sold:

Happy to see you going with a proper turbo this time around! WB none be less
Yup, I learned the hard way that the hybrid is the best option for these cars sub 300whp!

WELCOME BACK and CONGRATS on the new ride!!

(But I never even realized you were 'gone' as you were still posting on here, correct?)

Which 15x10s will you use, and are you going to use any of Rick's (RAAMaudio) methods to fit them, or just a lot of cutting to fit them under the flares?
Are you going to use the turn down tip on the Ultimate CBE? (I am going to buy just that tip, black CeraKote it, and put it on the cp-e system's tail pipe I like it so much! [thumb])
Yes, I've still been lurking since I sold my first FiST [cool]
I'm going to be trying to fit Race Star Drag 91s, 15x10 et26 with our 63.4 hub bore... they are sub 18lbs on my scale.
As for fitting them, it's going to be tough but I'm going to be cutting a lot and praying the M2Moring kit will clear them.
Yes, I got the 4" turndown tip. Pics will be coming soon [like]

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Hopefully you can make a "proper" TBE video ,once you got it on. I find the companies do a shit job in making "proper" videos to showcase their product. Cp-e is a prefect example.

Sent from my CIA monitored device

OP
Butterybunz

Butterybunz

Thread Starter #13
Welp, the Hankook RS4 backorder got pushed even farther back. I ordered over a month ago from Tirerack and they said "in stock," got a call the next day saying there would be a 1 month delay. That was fine with me... I called yesterday and now they're saying June!!! That won't do, so I cancelled and ordered a set of Maxxis VR-1 which come highly praised by the Miata gods.

OP
Butterybunz

Butterybunz

Thread Starter #15
Installed the FSWERKS short throw shift kit with solid bushings, it's a must do mod for this car. Really improves the throw! Pro tip- use super glue to hold the new bushing in place when installing.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Does everyone take the cable bracket totally out of the car to install the bushings??

I installed mine with the cable still attached, and the bracket down in the car, I guess that's WHY it took me ~3 hours to do the job, which included dropping, and having to jack up the car each time to find the bushings 'hiding' in the RMM, and surrounds, MULTIPLE times! LOL

OP
Butterybunz

Butterybunz

Thread Starter #17
Does everyone take the cable bracket totally out of the car to install the bushings??

I installed mine with the cable still attached, and the bracket down in the car, I guess that's WHY it took me ~3 hours to do the job, which included dropping, and having to jack up the car each time to find the bushings 'hiding' in the RMM, and surrounds, MULTIPLE times! LOL
That's a pretty silly way to go about it haha! The cables are easily removed by just pulling the collars back, they pop right out!

OP
Butterybunz

Butterybunz

Thread Starter #18
I have always been a fan of the stock intake system, so I just upgraded to a Cobb filter. Here's a comparison of it to the stock filter.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I've always wondered, does the FiST shift fast for for everyone else or in the motion of click-click.

When I go to shift it feels like I'm shifting a shitbox, haven't gotten the chance to drive someone else's FiST to know better. I'm running the Ultimate kit from Boomba, and solid motor mounts all around

Sent from my CIA monitored device

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That's a pretty silly way to go about it haha! The cables are easily removed by just pulling the collars back, they pop right out!
Yup, but I did not know this when I did the installation, and did not want to chance messing up the cable/adjustment (I NEED a PRINTED, PHYSICAL, DETAILED {Helms-type} shop manual for this car, like a had for my last one, NOT just vague interwebzz bullshit instructions, or DVD crap ones!!)!!

Unlike most on this site, this is only the third FWD, cable shifted car I've owned in 45 years of driving, and I never took this part of the car apart on the previous two (A1/A2GTIs).