Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Can I drive with a boost leak?

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
So I was driving around tonight and my FiST started making loud whooshing noises and was massively lacking in get up and go. I assume that I have a boost leak somewhere. My question is if I continue to drive around on it tomorrow, will it suck in anything that could mess up the engine or turbo? I need to take it up to my friend who has a lift, but it's an hours drive away.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So I was driving around tonight and my FiST started making loud whooshing noises and was massively lacking in get up and go. I assume that I have a boost leak somewhere. My question is if I continue to drive around on it tomorrow, will it suck in anything that could mess up the engine or turbo? I need to take it up to my friend who has a lift, but it's an hours drive away.
Not worth chancing it* it's most likely the hotside hose that blew off.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

you don't have a way of jacking it up with a jack and stands? IDK how hard it is to take off the skid plate, but the hose shouldn't be that hard to get to by just crawling under it.

you don't have a way of jacking it up with a jack and stands? IDK how hard it is to take off the skid plate, but the hose shouldn't be that hard to get to by just crawling under it.
Depends on which end it blew. If it's on an intercooler end, he most likely will have to remove the bumper to have easy access to the coupler nut.

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #6
I do, I'm just lazy and hate crawling around on my driveway lol

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
Depends on which end it blew. If it's on an intercooler end, he most likely will have to remove the bumper to have easy access to the coupler nut.
Oh boy, well it definitely won't be the first time my bumper cover has come off

I'm curious as well, I'm trying to figure out the best hoses and clamps to go with too. I've heard some people have had more issues with whoosh brand than factory?

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #12
Double up the hose clamps and get some hairspray that will act like a lube but then an adhesive when it dries. Told you.....it was the hotside pipe/hose.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Wow, inpressive! Is that a common failure point?

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #14
First attempt to fix it using the stock parts failed. I went to O'Reilly's and now it's double clamped. Looks like I'll be hairspraying it tomorrow IMG_20220408_183544784.jpg