Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CanadianST's Molten Orange FiST

OP
CanadianST

CanadianST

Thread Starter #41
Found another FiST on base today this one's black though. Gonna have to start a Gagetown ST club or something lol. Again wasn't talking to the owner just noticed it when I was leaving the gym.

In other news I ordered the COBB turbo back exhaust, getting it shipped right to my office on base [wiggle] Delivery is expected next Thursday, very excited!

OP
CanadianST

CanadianST

Thread Starter #42
Look what showed up a day early!

Pictures do not do this thing justice, looks soo good in person. Hopefully will get it on in the next few days

Don't mind my hairy samsquanch legs

EDIT: forgot to mention it came with two COBB licence plate frames, a pretty cool little addition. PEI only has rear plates so I guess I have a spare now.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Look what showed up a day early!

Pictures do not do this thing justice, looks soo good in person. Hopefully will get it on in the next few days

Don't mind my hairy samsquanch legs

EDIT: forgot to mention it came with two COBB licence plate frames, a pretty cool little addition. PEI only has rear plates so I guess I have a spare now.

Very nice, looking forward to your review.

OP
CanadianST

CanadianST

Thread Starter #46
I'll throw a quick little update here for the time being and try to get a sound clip and more pics in the next few days.

First thing, LOVE this exhaust. Just cruising around it's pretty tame, a nice low growl until you step on the gas hard then it really opens up. From outside it has a very nice performance sound that'll definitely get you lots of attention, lots of gurgles and pops while decelerating.

My DP is throwing a code (catalyst efficency) but it's not a huge concern to me atm

If you're not pretty handy with a wrench don't do the install yourself, it's pretty straight forward but getting the top O2 sensor out can be a PITA. Couldn't get mine out so had to cut the heat shield around it to gain access to the DP bolts and remove it once the DP was out of the car. You have to remove the O2 sensor to get the heat shield and the head shield to get the downpipe, it's a vicious circle.

Installation is much easier since there's no heat shield and took maybe 15 minutes. In total myself and 2 other handy buddies completed everything in 3 1/2 hours, most of that time being spent on the heat shields.

Thanks for the update ! Any noticeable performance gains ? I'm considering this exhaust less the down pipe. I wonder how that will affect the sound ?

OP
CanadianST

CanadianST

Thread Starter #48
Thanks for the update ! Any noticeable performance gains ? I'm considering this exhaust less the down pipe. I wonder how that will affect the sound ?
There's definitely more power, without a doubt. The majority of it would be from the downpipe though. And it would probably be slightly quieter than mine but I wouldn't imagine there would be that big of a difference.

iso100

1000 Post Club
I wonder if that O2 sensor code is something we need to expect if we go with the replacement downpipe. Do you think it's an anomaly or a natural side effect of having a non-factory downpipe?

iso100

1000 Post Club
Also, I'm in for a nice properly recorded sound clip. On and off throttle.

OP
CanadianST

CanadianST

Thread Starter #51
I wonder if that O2 sensor code is something we need to expect if we go with the replacement downpipe. Do you think it's an anomaly or a natural side effect of having a non-factory downpipe?
I think it's just a side effect of having aftermarket parts on the car, I was hoping the catted pipe wouldn't throw one but oh well. And I'm off tomorrow so might be able to get a clip up.

OP
CanadianST

CanadianST

Thread Starter #52
Threw my stage 3 tune in the car yesterday, drove around for awhile still on the stage 2 as the entire area was nailed by a storm and we lost power for a couple days. There is definitely a bigger difference from 2-3 than there was 1-2 very happy with it. We'll see if my CEL comes back on with the new tune but I'm not holding my breath.

OP
CanadianST

CanadianST

Thread Starter #54
Small update.

Been driving on the stage 3 tune for awhile now and my CEL hasn't returned. I'm quite surprised, happy, but surprised.

OP
CanadianST

CanadianST

Thread Starter #56
A few pics from a cruise/meet I was at, most of the people there were my age (20s) and the FiST actually gathered quite the crowd when I rolled in. The look on people's faces when I mentioned the 23psi of boost and almost 290 ft-lbs at the wheels was priceless lol

Hey man love the stuff you've done to your FiST! I was born and raise on the Island and moved to Vancouver cause i was tired of bein on ei every year heh. Anyways i'm just about done breakin in my enigine on my orange FiST and was plannin on gettin my stage one soon. The question i had was how much did you get dinged on duties and such?

OP
CanadianST

CanadianST

Thread Starter #58
Hey man love the stuff you've done to your FiST! I was born and raise on the Island and moved to Vancouver cause i was tired of bein on ei every year heh. Anyways i'm just about done breakin in my enigine on my orange FiST and was plannin on gettin my stage one soon. The question i had was how much did you get dinged on duties and such?
Thanks! And I know that feeling haha.Sorry but I can't remember exactly how much everything was but it was very reasonable, shipping was around $50 and duty maybe $100, I was pretty surprised.