Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CanadianST's Molten Orange FiST

CanadianST

Decided I'd throw up a build thread as there will hopefully be some serious work done in the future! A little history on my journey to ST ownership. I was strongly looking at a new civic SI, CRZ, and FoST, as well as the FiST but with none of these cars in stock in my province I had to go off paper specs and reviews. I was always leaning towards the FiST as I like small nimble cars (have a 1971 Datsun 510 as my current toy) so made up my mind without driving any of the above that the FiST it would be! Went into the dealer the next day to talk to a salesman, where I wasn't really taken seriously at first but who can blame them when a 20 year old walks in and starts asking about a brand new car lol. Placed my order the next day(Early January) for a Molten Orange unit with matching recaros and nothing else and recieved the car yesterday! (April 14th) I am totally in love with the car and have drove it 400km in the past 2 days. Also threw an Injen intake and Cobb stage 1 tune in today and was very surprised with the difference it made! Future mods will more than likely include rims, coilovers, exhaust and down pipe to start, possibly even an exhaust in the next few weeks. Here's one picture for now until I can get some nice ones with my camera.

already tune next day :) you very fast how you feel it after the tune I very tink about it

Windows teint are must

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Post up some pictures of the 510 too please.[thumb]

Congrats and great choice in color I must say, Lol
You're going to love it the more you look at it. I have an intake on mine as well. Do you think the AP made a big difference? What are you running the new 93v101?

OP
CanadianST

CanadianST

Thread Starter #5
Congrats and great choice in color I must say, Lol
You're going to love it the more you look at it. I have an intake on mine as well. Do you think the AP made a big difference? What are you running the new 93v101?
The AP made a pretty noticeable difference on the but dyno for sure I'd highly recommend it. I'm only running the new 91 tune as there's no 93 gas sold anywhere here. Pei isn't the most performance oriented place.

already tune next day :) you very fast how you feel it after the tune I very tink about it

Windows teint are must

Definitely thinking about tint too

OP
CanadianST

CanadianST

Thread Starter #6
Post up some pictures of the 510 too please.[thumb]
Just finishing up giving it a full rebuild, should be back on the road very soon.

Going with a sleeper look for this one, might paint it in the future but haven't really decided yet. Other than the exterior almost every nut and bolt has been taken off and refinished. Interior is all original and staying that way and the motor is freshly rebuild with the only stock part being the block which was bored out.

Looks like w fun little car. Man having no 93 is just so stupid I don't understand that. I guess 91 is still not bad but I only use 93 in mine with the intake and I find it to work great

Congrats man,got the same setup as me and I'm very pleased with it. Post pics of the Injen intake,did ya go with the red piping by any chance? Tints are a must,make any car really come together,I gotta get mine done already,grrr.

-ry

OP
CanadianST

CanadianST

Thread Starter #9
Congrats man,got the same setup as me and I'm very pleased with it. Post pics of the Injen intake,did ya go with the red piping by any chance? Tints are a must,make any car really come together,I gotta get mine done already,grrr.

-ry
I'll grab some pictures when I'm out today. And no, went with the wrinkle black. One thing I found is that the wrinkle coating really made it hard to put the vacuum lines back on. Had to sand down where the lines connected and use a tiny amount of lithium grease to get them back on.

I'll grab some pictures when I'm out today. And no, went with the wrinkle black. One thing I found is that the wrinkle coating really made it hard to put the vacuum lines back on. Had to sand down where the lines connected and use a tiny amount of lithium grease to get them back on.
I know exactly what ya mean,was the inside of the connection wrinkled to though? I thought it was smooth and they just add the diameter smaller for a tight fit. Luckily I didn't have to shave down anything,I did eventually pull the dip stick and put some oil on my fingers and lubed up the fitting and inside of the intake whole,still took a hell of a lot of force to finally "snap" back in. It was a tough task,but once I heard that snap/click sound I knew I got it in, and know it's never gonna back out on me.

-ry

OP
CanadianST

CanadianST

Thread Starter #13
I know exactly what ya mean,was the inside of the connection wrinkled to though? I thought it was smooth and they just add the diameter smaller for a tight fit. Luckily I didn't have to shave down anything,I did eventually pull the dip stick and put some oil on my fingers and lubed up the fitting and inside of the intake whole,still took a hell of a lot of force to finally "snap" back in. It was a tough task,but once I heard that snap/click sound I knew I got it in, and know it's never gonna back out on me.

-ry
The inside wasn't but there was definitely a buildup on where the lines were supposed to go. And I was surprised how tight of a fit the connections were, definitely takes a fair amount of force to snap them in.

OP
CanadianST

CanadianST

Thread Starter #14
Really thinking about getting some rims and have narrowed it down to two. Both are Team Dynamics 1.2 but can't decide on a color. Either going to go with white or black with a red stripe. What's everyone's opinions?

OP
CanadianST

CanadianST

Thread Starter #15
Well finally made my decision and ordered a set in white, we'll see how long it'll take before I lose my mind after cleaning them every day lol

OP
CanadianST

CanadianST

Thread Starter #17
New rims are on!

Also got my sister to bring her car out for a few pics. It's a pure sleeper, 2004 Mazda6 wagon with a pretty much stock exterior but over 300 horsepower, it's embarrassed it's fair share of cars.

Gotta say I'm digging the white rims....drove a Fiat Arbarth grey with white rims and didn't mind it...but our Molten and white is pretty slick!

OP
CanadianST

CanadianST

Thread Starter #20
Gotta say I'm digging the white rims....drove a Fiat Arbarth grey with white rims and didn't mind it...but our Molten and white is pretty slick!
Thanks! I'd normally not consider white wheels on a vehicle but something about the color combo works with our cars.