Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CG's daily fun ride

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #201
This looks really cool but definitely would be a nuisance if you were driving behind this in traffic :/ At least you have their attention though!
Thanks for the quote I forgot to go back and fix the link to embed the video. All fixed now. But yes if you constantly release the brake and creep forward then engage the brake its a pain. My driving does not have much of that and you must fully release the brake. If you release enough to roll the lights are still on. Was in front of the police 3 times now is some type of either stop and go or a long journey (10mi, in town driving). No issues. for $3 I can't too much complain.

[video=youtube;qP9T4YctZJw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP9T4YctZJw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Thanks for the quote I forgot to go back and fix the link to embed the video. All fixed now. But yes if you constantly release the brake and creep forward then engage the brake its a pain. My driving does not have much of that and you must fully release the brake. If you release enough to roll the lights are still on. Was in front of the police 3 times now is some type of either stop and go or a long journey (10mi, in town driving). No issues. for $3 I can't too much complain.

[video=youtube;qP9T4YctZJw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP9T4YctZJw&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Most definitely, $3 well spend either way - nice the law enforcement hasn't given any push for it

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #203
September 24th - some under hood bling

I did some under hood lighting (can read how and see more pictures here http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/10862-Under-hood-lighting!?p=184263#post184263).

The results I really like and will be very handy in winter when I work on the car when its darker.
IMG-20160924-00922.jpg

Replaced the symposer almost free symposer delete (how to here:http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/6695-Almost-free-symposer-delete-(-4)). No reason other than I found one.

IMG-20160924-00915.jpg

Lastly I added some vinyl to the badges. Cheap vinyl I got off ebay and used a razor blade to cut it once it was in place. Super easy. Tomorrow she gets a bath!

IMG-20160924-00919.jpg
IMG-20160924-00920.jpg

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #204
October 1st 2016. A stiffer rear

Installed the Eibach rear sway bar today. One of the easiest mods. Takes longer to get organized with the tools than installing it. Hardest part is not creating it on the floor as to not scratch it . I did use medium strength thread lock on the bolts to help them stay in place. A quick drive and I do feel it a little more planted but will need more seat time for that. The splash of red into the car is a nice touch.

20161001_115457-1280x960.jpg
20161001_140424-1280x960.jpg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^No excessive, 'snap' oversteer with that bar??

It's already snowed up there (re; the dried 'salt soup' all over your poor FiST)??

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #206
^^^No excessive, 'snap' oversteer with that bar??

It's already snowed up there (re; the dried 'salt soup' all over your poor FiST)??
Not salt. Undercoating is black and I have gravel roads to play in. Hence the dirt and skid plates. As for the steering. I have not found it worse yet, actually better as the wheel stay on the road surface and both slide avoiding the 3 legged dog. Balances well with the MOUNTUNE bracing.

I'll update after a week or two of driving.

Decide to change the tranny fluid along with the oil today. Very easy to do. Take the air box out makes your life much easier. I used Royal Purple Synchromax, because I never had issues with it in the past. To fill I simply cut the tip off the cap, held my finger on the tip to plug it and lowered the bottle to the hole, squeezed the bottle to fill. For the second bottle I took out 100ml ( as the bottles are only 948ml) and proceeded like the first. Actually swapped the caps instead of cutting it.

Pro tip make sure you are loosing the fill plug and not tightening it. After two minutes I was about to get the breaker bar. Then it dawned on me. Came out supper easy with just an extra long 8mm Allen key. No wrench required.

Second pro tip. Watch out the oil splashes against the frame when the plug is removed, my wisdom has taught me to place a peice of card board and angle it into the pan. Much less of a mess that way.

As for the drive I feel it is much smoother. I have only done 100km but after the first 10 the tranny was butter smooth. Especially in downshifts. Personally I recommend any tranny fluid that will due he job and you should drain it at 20000 to 30000 miles to get rid of the metal as the gears have meshed together better.
I have had the same thing as you with my FiST. Feels kinda clunky and not as smooth as i would like. Do you know what exact fluid you used. I think i may be doing that in the next few days. :p

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #208
Installed the Eibach rear sway bar today. One of the easiest mods. Takes longer to get organized with the tools than installing it. Hardest part is not creating it on the floor as to not scratch it . I did use medium strength thread lock on the bolts to help them stay in place. A quick drive and I do feel it a little more planted but will need more seat time for that. The splash of red into the car is a nice touch.

View attachment 11716
View attachment 11717
Just noticed in the picture there are no bushings/brackets that tie the swaybar into the subframe or torsion beam?

Hey man! I just wanted to tell you that i finally got around to doing the fluid change on the trans and just wow. I bought that royal purple synchromax on that link you gave me and I had it done by ford and it has made the biggest difference ever. Every shift is just so smooth its unbelievable. Thanks for letting us know about your experience with it! It helped me alot! [biggrin]

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #214
Hey man! I just wanted to tell you that i finally got around to doing the fluid change on the trans and just wow. I bought that royal purple synchromax on that link you gave me and I had it done by ford and it has made the biggest difference ever. Every shift is just so smooth its unbelievable. Thanks for letting us know about your experience with it! It helped me alot! [biggrin]
Glad it helped you as well.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #215
October 15th a quick wrap

First time doing a wrap that is not a flat badge. Turned out not too badly. Depending on how it survives the engine heat I may try it again.

20161015_143010.jpg

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #217
November 11 2016

Snow mode started. New 15" Sparco drift with Goodyear Ultra Grip. Vroom Vroom!!!

14991192_1001830966610177_12106728470211652_o.jpg

jeff

2000 Post Club
Looking good CG. Tell me about that go fast bits part.....subtle difference? Must have mod? I was reading the other thread but there isn't much conclusive objective info, just a bunch of "it feels good" comments.

That shifter knob warmer is a hoot. I've used those but after a few days they get all floppy and don't fit anymore, too much handling. Hope yours holds up well.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #220
Looking good CG. Tell me about that go fast bits part.....subtle difference? Must have mod? I was reading the other thread but there isn't much conclusive objective info, just a bunch of "it feels good" comments.

That shifter knob warmer is a hoot. I've used those but after a few days they get all floppy and don't fit anymore, too much handling. Hope yours holds up well.
For the DV+ I say yes it's a good update under the following.

1- planning to keep the car a long time. Stock valve and spring are weak and will wear out over time.

2- consistently hitting high boost or have a high boost tune. Tracking the car especially. Again a stronger part that is more reliable.

3-want smoother quick shifting up or down. I have noticed and reviewed some graph that the valve releases the boost pressure about 3x slower(about 500ms to 1 sec) than the stock valve. If you shift in that time the spool up is much less. I find it easier to smoothly downshift now because of it.

4- if you have other supporting mods I say why not. Talking about cold and hot side pipping, upgraded inter cooler, a tune then it is a good step to do. But like the pipping the benefit are subtle but if you understand the need than it is a good enhancement.

Is it absolutely required? No. I got it for point 1 and 2.