Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CG's daily fun ride

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I will update the first post periodically for those that find it later.

My reason
My 2015 FiST is my all season daily driver. I tend to push things to their limits in terms of use and the perceived best part for the task at hand. I also tend to over analyze options or jump on a good value (no in between). The FiSt's mission is to be fun and last a long time as with my previous vehicles which were on the road all year for about 10 years with >400,000km. Basically we buy new cars and drive them into the ground. That said I love to drive, and living in a rural area there is always a reason to jump in the car for a quick drive.

I ordered the Molten Orange FiST fully loaded February 12th 2015 and picked it up June 22nd. Yes this is almost 19 long weeks. I chalk this up that the car is fully loaded (with the Canadian block heater) which pushed the build date to end of April, the railcar delivery was on the slow side and lastly left it 2 weeks at the dealership to get things done to line up my availability.

To be honest this is the first car I have performance moded so much so early. The others I have always repaired and replaced damaged/worn components with better components but usually nothing in the first 2-3 years. As with all new cars I did add anti seize to bolts I know I will touch in the future(brakes, battery, lugs, etc...) and dielectric grease on electrical connectors (especially the block heater).

As of October 15th 2016 I have on the car:

1- No-pistons parts (excellent parts):
----a. Accelerator pedal spacer
----b. Dead pedal
----c. Battery strap
----d. Evap Skid plate
2- Xenondepot H11 led kits
3- Diode Dynamic Luxon LED fog light assembly
4- Putco H1 Nova blue Halogens
5- Interior LEDs, ultra white
6- Mountune rear winglets
7- Mountune blue intake silicone hose
8- Mountune blue boost hoses
9- Mountune Charge pipe
10- Mountune blue intake silicone hose
11- Mountune MR230 with MTune
12- Moutune Hi-flow Catback exhaust
13- Moutune RMM
14- Proclip passenger mount for Accessport
15- Cobb exhaust hangers
16- 64gig micro USB/SD for music
17- Rally Armor mud flaps (black with orange logo) only available from CJ Pony Parts or Spool Tuning
18- Mishimoto Fiesta ST oil catch can with blue hoses
----a. DIY drain kit
19- Orange Shift knob with reverse lock out
20- 35% Tint all windows
21- Undercoating, fabric protection and paint protection; I have done this to all vehicles and it tends to help (I think). Especially the thick undercoating stuff used, the rest meh.
22- Husky Weatherbeater floor mats
23- Ford Fiesta illuminated sill plate (not the ST variant as it is too plain and there are enought ST logos in the front)
24- DHM direct fitment intercooler in black
25- 4mm aluminum Skid plate; for the environment I want to prevent gravel/sand/snow kicking into the engine bay. Found one from Skidplateguy on facebook
26- DR650S-2CH WiFi dashcam (hardwired)
27- White LED bulbs for the license plate
28- Reverse white LED bulbs (Putco Plasma)
29- Gentex 453 Auto dimming mirror with homelink; got it used from a wrecker
30- FL-400S larger oil filter
31- Fumoto qwik valve F106S oil drain valve
32- Fiesta ST Chrome Brake insert
33- Redline Goods Shift boot
34- Redline Goods padded armrest
35- Ford Fiesta Black Aluminum rims (summer)
36- Pirelli Sottozero III 215/45R17 winter tires on the stock Rado Grey rims
37- Moutnune Symposer delete
38- Black mirror covers
39- CFM Oil cap breather
40- Ford Shark fin antenna
41- Orange tire valve caps (no real point but hey why not)
42- Orange lugs nuts (won a ebay bid got 20 for $20; not sure how they will do)
43- Ultimate Short shift kit. Booba
44- Clear bra/film for winter protection
45- Putco 3157 Plasma LED brake lights
46- Mountune Strut brace
47- Mountune lower frame brace
48- Mountune front splitter
49- 2016 oil dip stick (can actually read the oil level)
50- Eibach rear brace
51- Under hood lighting
52- GFB DV+
53- Boomba Racing Blue coolant and brake reservoir caps
54- Boomba Racing Red Dipstick Handle
55- Ford rain guards for the windows
56- Mishimoto trunk Brace
57- Ramair foam filter
58- Federal RS-R 215/40R17
60- Black Ford Racing 15 spoke 17" wheels
61- Stop Tech slotted rotors
62- EBC Red stuff brake pads
63- SS brake lines
64- Motul 600 brake fluid
65- MR230 Mtune map require DP
66- Full external LED conversion
67- Reversing camera system
68- Raptor Racing Ceramic Coated downpipe
69- B14 coil overs
70- SpecD tailights
71- Mountune radiator hoses

Future Ideas (subject to change):
1- Sound proofing in the truck and wheel wells to reduces the gravel ping sounds.
2- Automatic liftgate IMG_4779.JPG

Last edited:

rexdriver85

Jesus. You've went nuts and you don't even have the car yet! [emoji13]

Looking forward to see the build process! [emoji106][emoji106]

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Jesus. You've went nuts and you don't even have the car yet! [emoji13]
[emoji106][emoji106]
To be fair I blame Ford Racing/Mountune/Ford Credit Canada and the dealership. I typically only get the snow tires, the protection and the mats. So seeing the financing @ 0.0% (Ford Credit Canada) I inquired if i could get some of the parts I saw from Ford Racing included(which distributes Mountune). 10 Minutes later the sales guy said sure what do you want. And that is how I contracted the mod malady. If only the sales guy said no, or Ford Racing not carrying anything for the FiST.

LOL the rest is my fault.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Good start...

Looks like you've got plenty of parts piled up to keep you busy for awhile once your FiST finally arrives....

Good luck and keep us posted!

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Ok picked up some acrylic paint and gave a shot at filling the no-pistons battery and dead pedal. I had a hard time picking between orange or red and decided on red to match the ST logo instead of conflicting with them. It will be easy to redo.

I will take a few more pictures on how i did it when doing the dead pedal before I bake it. I made sure to buy an outside and metal compatible acrylic paint. about $2 a small bottle. BTW the colour is called lipstick... who knew.
http://decoart.com/multisurface/

It actually puddled nicely in the grove. I use metal duct work tape for the backing.

Sorry for the picture quality, I have a cheap cell phone camera.

Can't wait to see those rim CG ... I have never seen those colour before.... Are you part of the GTA FiST Facebook froup?

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
And more parts on order....

Well good or bad I won auction for

Got them for $20. I was the only bid. Little concerning but will see. Comes with 4 spare lug nuts :)

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
Dead pedal logo coloured

So here are pictures for the dead pedal

I used foil duct tape as it sticks very well and can handle some heat
20150620_123011.jpg

I simple poured the paint in the cavity and let it dry.
20150620_122943.jpg

The paint was right to the top and dried to a think film. I may do more later as i think it will collect dirt but will see.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Sold the Cobb RMM and listed my 4x100 R15 alloy rims from my Aveo on Kijiji today local to Toronto should anyone be interested send me a PM. Cleaned the last of the stuff I want to keep out of the Aveo. Just need to rip the Battery out and take the plates when I drop it in at the dealership this week.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
Picked it up today [rockon]. Only thing it has is the rust/paint/interior protection, tint and rear cargo liner. All other parts are on order.

Not the best picture but it will do. Already put 300 km getting up, driving around with the wife (likes it better than the Aveo but the seats "are not meant for hips") and general fun. BRZ and I had a little fun on the highway. It will be hard to do a nice control break in that is for sure and I have to say it has lived up to the hype. After several months of waiting I was worried what I had in my mind was far above what the FiST would deliver. Heck no... Well there was a moment at the dealership that I had remorse as the seat was max height but I did not realize it, my stomach just churned but the sales guy actually knew about it all and explain it (pheu). He also said he had more people around that car save for a mustang. They never had the MO and it showed great in a sea of black, silver and white cars/trucks.

Now going from a sloppy transmission with miles of play to a very direct transmission and clutch will take some getting use to.[lovest]

IMG-20150622-00183.jpg

Tomorrow I will start with the winglets to get them a good chance to dry before going to work Wednesday. I need to pace myself I want to enjoy working on the car as much as it is to drive.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
Taking a quick lunch break.
1- Attached the winglets (the glue is a bee itch to work with but it does seem to hold solid, if not I have some epoxy that will most definitive work. There some spots I will need to clean up)
2- Changed the interior lights; pretty easy once I figured it out.
3- Installed the no-pistons battery tie down.
4- tighten all the hoses**
5- Installed the shift knob; the stock one feel too small, smaller than the Aveo was. New one is quite nice. Almost had a panic attack when I lost where the spot in the shifter to engage the reverse.
6- In the process of changed the headlights now

Any fasteners that are metal on metal that I have touched thus far have had a generous application of antiseize. For those just starting get a jar and use it profusely you can thank me later.

** I want to note this car is a great driving master piece, that said the mechanic in me today was swearing and had more than one WTF moments when inspecting the car. Not that it is built wrong but it is tight and EVERYTHING is in the way of something when you want to repair things in the engine bay, this car is a true knuckle breaker. Like why are the oil hoses under the oil filter in the way of removing said filter?!? Mind you removing the headlight is so awesome to change the bulbs. Win some loose some.

Lots of pictures for later.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #20
About time! 750ish posts before you even had the car. Gotta be some kind of record! haha
Like i said to my wife 20 years ago. When i commit i commit 100%. Beside the forum is nice and everyoen learns from everyone.

Todays lesson is do not disable the entire moon roof control to got the bulbs out simply pull it of the head liner and twist the back of the bulb holder. Ask me how i know. [B)]