Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Change wheels and tires for winter. TMPS sensors problem...

YIN

What does the car do if you do not use sensors? Does it just have a little dash light kinda like when the headlights are on or does it have a warning in the lcd area or warning noise? Anyone know that?
Just wondering, because I plan to use 195/50/16 with black Steel wheels for winter and without TMPS sensors.

Thank you

I am currently driving my winter setup with no TPMS sensor.

All you're gonna get is the yellow tire pressure light that comes on in the dash (flashes for a bit than stays on solid) and the information system ''I'' that also becomes yellow because the system thinks the TPMS system has a problem.

it's really nice to have the tpms sensor. countless times it has saved me right before my tire flattens because i've ran over a nail or something. gives you just enough time to get off the highway or pull in to a driveway/side street etc...

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
You can pick up a set of tpms from ebay for about $50.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I don't get a "I"
I get a pop up warning on the MFT screen that lasts about 5 seconds then goes away and Like Froctor said I get the Tire with the (!) in it with a slow flash then stays on.. However I park my car near my summer tires so it resets itself in the garage and won't go off again till I've driven 15 minutes nonstop or more if we go shopping and turn the car on and off during our hops between stores it wont light either.. I grew up without TPMS so not having it is no biggy as I check my tires pretty regular as in the cold they tend to drift low on pressure anyway. And during the summer well that's track time so I'm all about tire temps and pressures LOL ..

OP
YIN

YIN

Thread Starter #6
Thank you all you guys!
I check tires pressure regularly in winter,So I think it's OK~[:)]

besides the safety value the sensors have, i dont like having any warning lights in my car. get extra sensors dude, if youre going to spend money on new winter tires, it makes sense to buy the sensors.

T

takuarc

There are no sensors for the 2014/2013 FiST. It uses the abs to detect irregular rotation.
When the system detects an issue, a warning will show up on the lcd as well as an alarm will sound.
Changing tires will not affect the tpms.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
ya NA cars have the in-valve system of TPMS . for better or worse its all we got :(