Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Climate Control Heater Issue

I took mine in for this fix. My car was built two weeks before the date range on the TSB, so they said it didn't apply and I have to gather evidence of it happening.

I swear dealerships must get paid to refuse service.

I took mine in for this fix. My car was built two weeks before the date range on the TSB, so they said it didn't apply and I have to gather evidence of it happening.

I swear dealerships must get paid to refuse service.
It seems like that's typical from Ford from what I have read on this forum.

I have this issue also, 2016 with 250 miles on it now. The black FiST I test drove also had this exact issue, climate control at 80 and blowing ice cold air both on auto or manual. It's not 100% consistent, seems to vary between ignition cycles which is strange. For instance I was being frozen yesterday going out for food and then today driving to work and back home it was perfectly fine. I already have an appointment next Saturday to take it in and have the TSB done, already confirmed with dealership they found it in the system and will be performing it.

Same issue (Build date 10/14/15, so right within range)

They informed me that while they're aware of the SSM I talked about (45658), they said they also need to replace a relay. First I've heard of this.

Had the SSM done by my dealer on my car which was built in October 15. I will report back my findings after a week or so, its hard to judge because it's not getting very cold here now that its getting into spring time.

My problem is only in auto. If I set it to any temperature and keep it in manual mode it works just fine. The second I switch it to auto its cold air on full blast unless it is set to hi. Even at 85 degrees it blows cold air...switch it to hi and it blows cold air. It's an easy problem to avoid by just not using auto mode but on a brand new vehicle I shouldn't have to work around a problem.
Same here..... Just got my 2016 2 days ago and Auto mode does the same as yours....

it just blows max air all the time vice varying the blower speed based on temp setting and internal passenger compartment. It behaves the same regardless of the desire temp setting (hot or cold) and how long i have it in auto temp control.

on the drive back to AZ..... i set temp to 72 and hit auto... system blew max fan for 20 mins until i took back manual control because i was freezing...lol

Update: just got threw the whole tread.... Forum knowledge for the win... well bring in for reflash...

Hey guys, where can I find the build date for my car? I am definitely having this same issue and would like to get the reflash done.

Thanks,

Looks like I have an August build so not within the the 9/15/15 and 12/15/15 range. Frustrating.

Wanna see a classic case of Ford Service Tech's throwing parts at an issue?

Here you go!

3 weeks ago car goes into shop for "AC BLOWING HOT AIR"...then comes back with this done:

Last Week-Car is delivered to me "STILL BLOWING HOT AIR"...NEW dealer in TEXAS says it's THIS:

AC VACUUM DRIER
http://www.oepartsstore.com/p/Ford__/DRIER/53577273/AV1Z19A566A.html

Well the dealer tells me above part is on national back order and that they can't source until 8/15/2016?!? I immediattly go to Google and find part at Ford dealer in Cranston, RI which I order and have shipped overnight to TX (Will be here tomorrow) I call dealer excited that I'm going to have AC in JULY IN TEXAS and he tells me..."Sorry, since we didn't source the part...we won't be able to cover under warranty...even though it's a FORD OEM PART"!!!!!

[rant]

Update on my car:
Was able to get the SSM 45658 loaded on my car. So far so good but only time will tell if everything is working properly. I also got the coolant fan relay FSB fixed since my car was showing false positives on high coolant temps and overheating. Hopefully that does the trick as well.

Update on my car:
Was able to get the SSM 45658 loaded on my car. So far so good but only time will tell if everything is working properly. I also got the coolant fan relay FSB fixed since my car was showing false positives on high coolant temps and overheating. Hopefully that does the trick as well.
Are you driving a 2016? My 2015 has a very loud radiator fan and temperature seems to climb to the highest level of the normal range quite often in 100 degree temps?!?

Are you driving a 2016? My 2015 has a very loud radiator fan and temperature seems to climb to the highest level of the normal range quite often in 100 degree temps?!?
Yes, mine is a 2016. Sounds like you should take your car in for warranty work on your coolant system. That doesn't sound like issues with the coolant fan relay, your car seems to be truly overheating.

Same here..... Just got my 2016 2 days ago and Auto mode does the same as yours....

it just blows max air all the time vice varying the blower speed based on temp setting and internal passenger compartment. It behaves the same regardless of the desire temp setting (hot or cold) and how long i have it in auto temp control.

on the drive back to AZ..... i set temp to 72 and hit auto... system blew max fan for 20 mins until i took back manual control because i was freezing...lol

Update: just got threw the whole tread.... Forum knowledge for the win... well bring in for reflash...
Was Ford able to fix your issue? I've got the exact same problem on my 2016. I've been waiting to bring it in until Ford actually knows how to fix an absurdly stupid problem. It's amazing that they can build such a great car, yet screw up something simple enough to ruin that new car experience.

My build date is 8.31.2016 do you guys think it would fall under this problem? I rarely use the AUTO setting but when I select 81 degrees it will blow like warm-ish but if I select 82 degrees it will blow the hottest air possible. I'm not sure if that sounds right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

My build date is 8.31.2016 do you guys think it would fall under this problem? I rarely use the AUTO setting but when I select 81 degrees it will blow like warm-ish but if I select 82 degrees it will blow the hottest air possible. I'm not sure if that sounds right?

Yes. My car also has an August build date but my dealer had no problem installing the software fix. It definitely fixed the issues I was having.

Yes. My car also has an August build date but my dealer had no problem installing the software fix. It definitely fixed the issues I was having.
What should I tell them? It's in the shop right now for A/C a boost leak and my motor/transmission mounts lol