Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I have Cyborg high on my list right now... will happen next year, or sooner if my job gives me a pay bump...

You know, speaking for myself this is getting very frustrating. I have been following all of the Hybrid Turbo threads trying to decide which is the best for my situation. The Cyborg turbo, for all of the hype and pretty pictures is the only one with no solid numbers. and that's after the introduction of two versions. And when we do see numbers, they are of cars with E30 or some other not normal fuel. I suspect the majority of users are using these cars as daily drivers or at least not garage queens taken out only on nice weekends. What I want to see are real dynos of cars running the normal 91-93 octane so I can make an informed decision on which turbo I want.

I'm not saying there is anything underhanded going on here, but I need hard numbers to decide. All I've seen so far is V-dynos, or "wait, we have some numbers coming", or "Buy it! You won't regret it!", but no NUMBERS....

Again, I don't mean to put anyone down or make anyone think I don't trust them, but it's time to put up some numbers on 91-93 octane.

Scott

You know, speaking for myself this is getting very frustrating. I have been following all of the Hybrid Turbo threads trying to decide which is the best for my situation. The Cyborg turbo, for all of the hype and pretty pictures is the only one with no solid numbers. and that's after the introduction of two versions. And when we do see numbers, they are of cars with E30 or some other not normal fuel. I suspect the majority of users are using these cars as daily drivers or at least not garage queens taken out only on nice weekends. What I want to see are real dynos of cars running the normal 91-93 octane so I can make an informed decision on which turbo I want.

I'm not saying there is anything underhanded going on here, but I need hard numbers to decide. All I've seen so far is V-dynos, or "wait, we have some numbers coming", or "Buy it! You won't regret it!", but no NUMBERS....

Again, I don't mean to put anyone down or make anyone think I don't trust them, but it's time to put up some numbers on 91-93 octane.

Scott
Not following close enough. Go back to page 204 for the numbers and graph. Both 93 and e30. My mods are listed and DHM feedback. I daily this. Nothing to hide.

I never thought there was anything to hide, I was just frustrated at the lack of numbers. I've been reading this thread from the beginning and I did see this post. Thanks for pointing it out again, it does help. Then again, 204 pages to see the first dyno? I shouldn't bitch though, at least I was proven wrong and there is a real dyno of the C39.

I am with you on 204. There was a lot of people that were ok with vdynos. Personally i have nothing against them but i prefer a real dyno myself.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I never thought there was anything to hide, I was just frustrated at the lack of numbers. I've been reading this thread from the beginning and I did see this post. Thanks for pointing it out again, it does help. Then again, 204 pages to see the first dyno? I shouldn't bitch though, at least I was proven wrong and there is a real dyno of the C39.
Well in all honesty one dyno doesn't really do it for me. At least 3 or 4 in multiple areas from different vehicles confirm consistent results. A Dyno is a good measurement of gains as long as a baseline is provided and there it was not (kind of hard when your talking turbo upgrades). This is why one dyno should be taken with a grain of salt. Better then nothing but I don't think you were in wrong at all.

To those that do follow this thread closely, I'm sure as you read a long you there are many people that said they were going to dyno but never did, or tuning isn't done, or ran into a problem. I would just suspect now that an actual vender is selling these and tuning them there would be more available info for those interested.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2,092
Cyborg Upgraded Stock Turbocharger System

This thread is 2.5 years old. So you gotta realize that a huge majority of the pages are from the V1 cyborg.

I can't force people to get there turbos installed faster and I can't force anyone to spend there hard earned money on a "has to be a dyno jet" dyno session. And I can't force anyone to have Russ tune there car instead of a Walmart tuner. And I can't force anyone to run a DHM race intercooler and meth injection.

Doesn't help that my personal car is down either. I'm picking the new motor up today. But honestly, would it make a difference at all if I posted a V-dyno up with the car making 310whp? I posted the V1 cyborg dyno of 290whp and correctly everyone considered the source and it wasn't given much weight ( despite the fact I literally weigh my car and post pics with the 235 tires on it ). So even if I did post V-dyno numbers, would it help?

Honestly, I understand people wanting dynojet numbers because that is what everyone likes to see. But on a turbo car, so many things change from the dyno to the actual road. Personally, I'd take a correctly pulled V-dyno over a dynojet ANY and every day of the week. The problem is.... no one weighs there car. And it can mean a big difference. For instance....

Bronxbomber's car has the same options as my car. Same MsRP. Yet... his car WITH THE SPARE TIRE weighs 80lbs. Less than my car WITHOUT THE SPARE TIRE.

So... If we knew my car's weight and simply used that weight for his car, we would have a V-dyno that put his car over 300whp on E30. But... I personally put his car on the scale.

One think is for sure... We have a few guys that are going to be putting it to the test big time. Race coolers, aux fuels, and all kinds of stuff. Not to mention, when I get caught up on porting, I'll put my new engine in and there is little doubt in my mind that it will make over 300whp with meth injection. I think 310-320 is possible ( but let's not count our eggs lol ).

Anyone that tells or suggest that your going to make 300whp on pump gas with a turbo like this, is a fool. The DHM 360 kit is about the nastiest setup you can buy for this car all around. And even on that perfection, Russ says 300-310whp on 93oct. That's big turbine housings, giant ( for fiesta ) turbine wheel, huge compressor housing, larger compressor wheel, ball bearing center section, and state of the art Garrett engineering. And to suggest that a admittingly "comprising turbo" will make 300whp on anything less than E30 or race gas, is just silly.

Also realize, I personally went from building 1-2 turbos a month, to building 17 turbo setups in the last 2-3 months. We are still trying to adjust parts inventory to match the waves of demand. And on top of that, I never expected all 5 of the group buy guys to get all the port work, then another very patient guy on top of that ( Myfistyourface ) and to have that ATP adaptor/manifold project come in with a narrow timeline. So we are getting a handle on it, but not all customers are doing this to have bragging rights on an Internet forum. Most customers want 250-300whp and supreme drivability. A lot run stock exhausts. A lot run stock intakes. Some run cats. Some can't do better than 91oct. Some refuse to use any tuner that cost more than free. And some just have too much going on to make the install happen at this time of year ( like me... I have a new motor that will sit in the shop for at least a month ).

Just remember.... not everyone buys a turbo for THEIR CAR in order to post dyno jet numbers that they personally paid for.

That reminds me, lol. I once talked Razorlab into paying for my dynojet pulls lol.

I bet if someone offered to pay for Bronxbomber's DHM tune and for his dyno pulls, we could hook that up? Any impatient people want to volunteer there cash?
( please don't, he has that junk Cobb intercooler I hate lol, love you Vinny )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grnmachine02

I'm just going to poke the bear here. After doing this kind of upgrade to your car, why would you not want to dyno it? I know that Vdyno is a thing, but at least 'round these parts, dyno pulls are 3 for 35~ dollars.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I'm just going to poke the bear here. After doing this kind of upgrade to your car, why would you not want to dyno it? I know that Vdyno is a thing, but at least 'round these parts, dyno pulls are 3 for 35~ dollars.
I paid $75 for 3 pulls, that's a hell of a deal where you live then.

grnmachine02

I paid $75 for 3 pulls, that's a hell of a deal where you live then.
Yeah, I remembered after posting that $35 was a deal a local guy does. Dyno Wednesday, or some such silliness. Granted, it's a no frills pull. No tuning or changes, just 3 pulls.

Edit:// Also, this is Fredericksburg. Where people complain that some chainsaw parts cost $5.

Source: I sell power equipment and power equipment accessories.

TUX15ST

^ this must be the worlds shadiest dyno place, 3 for $35 isnt even worth it for the shop, they wouldnt make any money, 2 or 3 for $75 is about the cheapest ive ever seen unless you have a larger group dyno day type deal then maybe down $50 each for 10+ people

grnmachine02

^ this must be the worlds shadiest dyno place, 3 for $35 isnt even worth it for the shop, they wouldnt make any money, 2 or 3 for $75 is about the cheapest ive ever seen unless you have a larger group dyno day type deal then maybe down $50 each for 10+ people
Meh, I wouldn't call them shady. It was usually a packed parking lot of people waiting to get pulls in. Honestly, I don't even know if they do it anymore. I doubt they were doing it to make money, but I'm sure it was great marketing. "Oh you wanna make more? Come see us about a engine build, or a turbo setup."

Edit:// Shop is out of business [rofl]

Status
Not open for further replies.