Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CLOSED: Cyborg TurboCharger * NOT AVAILABLE *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of Dyno pulls, things like video, acceleration data, logs etc. are 100% free things that could be used to gather an idea of how it will perform. The issue is that this is a big step and an expensive one at that. Hype and forum talk only goes so far. We've heard from so many people that it can do 300whp and it's the complete bee's knee's, but all we have is one video of it getting pulled on by a cheaper X37 and a unfinished V-dyno. I think I'm with everyone when I say we want a cheap turbo option, made by a great supportive guy, that will put down great numbers, but when real money comes into play people just want to see some real tangible results before buying etc.

While it's no one's fault the fact that it's taking an enourmous amount of time to get any results speaks volumes to me that maybe it's taking a while to tune them or the owners aren't happy with the results and holding them back etc.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2,105
Not everyone knows or even agrees with this, but with a car that runs load as a major factor in tuning, the car will react differently on a dyno. Personally my fiesta had a 2psi difference from the street to the dyno on the same tune. Before 27.8psi. During 25.5psi after 27.8psi. Same tune.
And unless your at Cobb or a place like that that has a super crazy fan setup, the air across the intercooler is not going to be remotely the same.

Dyno tuned my srt4 to a perfect tune. Pulled out on the street and couldn't do a full 3rd gear pull because the tune was off so much.

So really... a dyno jet tune is mostly great for telling you what your car can make a dyno jet read. Not so much what the car can do on the street. And we all know, what a dyno reads at WOT is way more important than how the car does when your actually driving it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sourskittle,

Looks like I stirred up a hornets nest with my initial post. First, I don't necessarily think it is your sole responsibility to dyno to prove anything, it's just that I am an analytical kind of guy. I have been around cars and tuning for a long while and I fully understand the pros, and the many cons, of comparing dyno results from different cars in different parts of the country under varying conditions, etc. Unfortunately, this is all we have to draw conclusions on which setup is best for us as individuals. I simply expressed my frustration at seeing numbers from many other brands versus the lack of them from the Cyborg.

Quite frankly that is the major reason I haven't purchased one from anyone. I keep waiting to see how yours performs as I like your reputation here and the story behind the product. The lack of numbers has held me back and I want more than comments from customers sharing their seat of the pants feelings.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
You'll find that there is a lot of hearsay about what is actually "better", clouded by opinions with few datalogs or dyno sheets to back it up. That's why the proven setups have their place and are worth the value.

I'm not saying there aren't people that have proven results, but as these Cyborg options haven't been around that long, there are only a few people posting results and they seem to be mixed.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Regardless of Dyno pulls, things like video, acceleration data, logs etc. are 100% free things that could be used to gather an idea of how it will perform. The issue is that this is a big step and an expensive one at that. Hype and forum talk only goes so far. We've heard from so many people that it can do 300whp and it's the complete bee's knee's, but all we have is one video of it getting pulled on by a cheaper X37 and a unfinished V-dyno. I think I'm with everyone when I say we want a cheap turbo option, made by a great supportive guy, that will put down great numbers, but when real money comes into play people just want to see some real tangible results before buying etc.

While it's no one's fault the fact that it's taking an enourmous amount of time to get any results speaks volumes to me that maybe it's taking a while to tune them or the owners aren't happy with the results and holding them back etc.
Well said. I posted something similar in another thread in a maybe not so nice way... but it's frustrating. I also suspect that this kit is proving to be difficult to tune or suffering from some other unspoken issues. Options are on the way though. It will be interesting to see how long the results will take for the two kits on the horizon. When the X-37 kits hit you couldn't shut guys up! lol We're past two months here and posts like yours are still very relevant.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

You'll find that there is a lot of hearsay about what is actually "better", clouded by opinions with few datalogs or dyno sheets to back it up. That's why the proven setups have their place and are worth the value.

I'm not saying there aren't people that have proven results, but as these Cyborg options haven't been around that long, there are only a few people posting results and they seem to be mixed.
Well said! I will say though as soon as my kit comes in (I ordered mine already through sourskittles about a month ago) I will have it Etune through Russ at deadhook and I will def have it dynoed once complete. We're possibly talking at least a month maybe 2 away but I will post my results.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2,110
Cyborg Upgraded Stock Turbocharger System

Sourskittle,

Looks like I stirred up a hornets nest with my initial post. First, I don't necessarily think it is your sole responsibility to dyno to prove anything, it's just that I am an analytical kind of guy. I have been around cars and tuning for a long while and I fully understand the pros, and the many cons, of comparing dyno results from different cars in different parts of the country under varying conditions, etc. Unfortunately, this is all we have to draw conclusions on which setup is best for us as individuals. I simply expressed my frustration at seeing numbers from many other brands versus the lack of them from the Cyborg.

Quite frankly that is the major reason I haven't purchased one from anyone. I keep waiting to see how yours performs as I like your reputation here and the story behind the product. The lack of numbers has held me back and I want more than comments from customers sharing their seat of the pants feelings.
I totally understand your view :)

But also understand, dynojet, V-dyno's, and bias ( feeling you need to prove your purchase as the correct one ) can swing all the hard data.

For instance... I know of at least 4 things that I personally could do on a dynojet to sway the results in my preference. I'm not the only person on the planet that knows these tricks. If I was testing the new eBay super turbo max kit on a fiesta and felt like I had to prove it better than a DHM360 kit, then I could employ those tactics. It would then show 100% data proof that the eBay kit was better.

Even track numbers can be skewed.

So if one educated person were to hook up with a tuner than was willing and able.... what could they come up with for "hard data"?

Anyway... I see and understand your frustration and the inpatients of others. But what I find the most un-Nerving is that most of the people that as screaming for results are the people that already own X37's lol. Like they have something to loose. They don't. I'll build an X37 as fast as I'd build a C39. Same cost. But I build the C39 because it has more power potential. And that is the bottom line... If someone wants an OEM bearing housing X37 made in the USA, all it takes is a PM and I'd be happy to help. The X37 is a good turbo. The C39 is better, that's all.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Not everyone knows or even agrees with this, but with a car that runs load as a major factor in tuning, the car will react differently on a dyno. Personally my fiesta had a 2psi difference from the street to the dyno on the same tune. Before 27.8psi. During 25.5psi after 27.8psi. Same tune.
And unless your at Cobb or a place like that that has a super crazy fan setup, the air across the intercooler is not going to be remotely the same.

Dyno tuned my srt4 to a perfect tune. Pulled out on the street and couldn't do a full 3rd gear pull because the tune was off so much.

So really... a dyno jet tune is mostly great for telling you what your car can make a dyno jet read. Not so much what the car can do on the street. And we all know, what a dyno reads at WOT is way more important than how the car does when your actually driving it lol.

Forgive me for my ignorance, but doesn't a dyno simulate load? (or is supposed to, anyway?)

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Here's an example.. I'm not exactly sure why it was like this but here's my experience.

Cyborg e30 put 240whp on v dyno
Cyborg e30 put 170whp on a dyno jet

Same tune, nothing different. Ran 13.5 @105 at that time, so it wasn't 170whp lol

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Here's an example.. I'm not exactly sure why it was like this but here's my experience.

Cyborg e30 put 240whp on v dyno
Cyborg e30 put 170whp on a dyno jet

Same tune, nothing different. Ran 13.5 @105 at that time, so it wasn't 170whp lol
How is the difference 70hp? 170whp is like stock numbers...

Do you have actual graphs to compare that show these numbers?

Siestarider

My first really useful mod was the AP. With it I learned that bone stock 2500-6500 rpm pull took 8.6 sec. Added Mountune intake and 2J DP, no difference. What?

Learned to use Vdyno, graphs confirmed AP raw data, no difference. Old news now but startling to me in early 2014. Duh. Tune needs to match hardware.

I weigh my car and know diameter of my running gear. Always note temp and barometric pressure and wind. Now have close to 100 Vdyno runs from stock to C39, fall 2013 to present.

For me, there is no reason to get a "real" dyno. The only real data I care about are PB's at tracks. And since I use Harry's LT, that is not "real" either, just close enough for my purposes.

Vdyno is easy to misuse. Many users do not realize it offers three different presentations, one Mustang simulation, one Dyno Jet simulation, and one real calculation that is probably more accurate than the other two. What do see on this forum? The one that reads the highest.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Would you mind sharing some of your V-Dynos? I'd love to see a progression of your mods and tuning with the turbo upgrade, it would be interesting to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.