Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb intake release

I had a Forester XT with $30k in mods under the hood and JDM drivetrain, Stoptech brakes, etc.....but tuned it to last, 300ft lbs via 4.44 gears made it really jump off the line but top speed was not great as tuned to drop boost down higher in the rev range, very quick on auto crosses though and in SM class was a seond/third place car which is great out a tall heavy box.

At Miller Motor Sports Park, outer loop, I was hitting 123 on the short straights and 128 on the really long one, had enough time to think about making it faster, $15k engine build plus bolts ons, at least $20k total, swap to the sport style body for a bit better aero, $8k, I already had $60k into it and it did not make much sense to have a $90 Forester just to go a bit faster down the main straight so I parted it, traded on a street Vette, bought a race Vette for $35k....

Not sure the ST will be as quick in some areas since not running 285 slicks on a very well sorted out better than US spec drivetrain but it will be more fun. That car was so easy to haul arse through the turns it got boring, quickly. It still was fast enough that on the West course the head instructor came down from the tower just to check it out, when I was still on street tires, blew him away what it could do but still, I was done with it, moved on, first and last Subaru for me.

Out of all the cars I have built my 510 Datsuns and turbo Matrix were the most real fun, not the fastest but a blast to drive, even more so than the Miatas I have had. I think the ST will top them all when I really get it dialed in:)

Pics?

CanadianST

I had a Forester XT with $30k in mods under the hood and JDM drivetrain, Stoptech brakes, etc.....but tuned it to last, 300ft lbs via 4.44 gears made it really jump off the line but top speed was not great as tuned to drop boost down higher in the rev range, very quick on auto crosses though and in SM class was a seond/third place car which is great out a tall heavy box.

At Miller Motor Sports Park, outer loop, I was hitting 123 on the short straights and 128 on the really long one, had enough time to think about making it faster, $15k engine build plus bolts ons, at least $20k total, swap to the sport style body for a bit better aero, $8k, I already had $60k into it and it did not make much sense to have a $90 Forester just to go a bit faster down the main straight so I parted it, traded on a street Vette, bought a race Vette for $35k....

Not sure the ST will be as quick in some areas since not running 285 slicks on a very well sorted out better than US spec drivetrain but it will be more fun. That car was so easy to haul arse through the turns it got boring, quickly. It still was fast enough that on the West course the head instructor came down from the tower just to check it out, when I was still on street tires, blew him away what it could do but still, I was done with it, moved on, first and last Subaru for me.

Out of all the cars I have built my 510 Datsuns and turbo Matrix were the most real fun, not the fastest but a blast to drive, even more so than the Miatas I have had. I think the ST will top them all when I really get it dialed in:)
Now you've done it, mentioning 510s. What did you have done to them?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I just noticed you are a 510 owner, cool:) I had my years with them back in 71 to around 81, all the mods you could do I did and more, made many of the parts, adapted from other cars, junkyard parts......I had little money and nothing much was sold.....I did end up with a nicely built L20 and a Weber, seems it was a 28/32, maybe bigger, cannot recall. Duals had zero bottom end and hard to keep tuned, lots of grunt with the two stage two barrel down draft though.

-------------

Back on topic:)

I am curious to see what Cobb is doing a well though I am still considering making my own intake.