Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FS Complete Part-Out of Track Prepared 2015 - REVISED/UPDATED WITH MORE SHIPPING OPTIONS

Trader history for cidsamuth (1)

OP
cidsamuth
Thread Starter #25
Bump to the top. I always knew there we would get down to just a few things left . . . but I never would have guessed it would be the motor, transmission, and wheels/tires. All are pretty top notch.

Hi I was wondering if I can pick your brain for some solutions.
I run the standard off the shelf 6 piston wilwood setup but I eat through pads on mine.
How is this 6 piston different.?
. the spacer seems to suggests it much wider…
I know my issue is heat as I cook the brake fluid too and it is affecting my clutch hydraulics etc causing repeated issues with my clutch master and slave. I’m only a street car though.
Did the different brake model reduce pad issues and reduce heat or just the pad longevity…
Did or do you also have clutch hydraulic issues?
… i also only do recreational driving but I do burn through tires ever 4 mouths if that gives in indication of my driving style… 235/40/17 300aaa tires of various brands…
I would love to know what was your fix as I am full stock motor but I can keep up with any exotic ( non of these guys can push their cars so I’m not saying my car is faster I only drive harder to keep up)… do you find issues with your clutch hydraulics as well?
thank you and free bump for your parts… love what you have…
my car looks as stock as possible , stock rims with 20 mm spacers (, only sway bars, montune springs, roll and pull fenders, and 3/4 spacers to lift the car so I don’t rub, lsd and cool works shifter … very basic… just bought some rota 17x8s though so I’m kicking myself for not checking these posts…

I run the standard off the shelf 6 piston wilwood setup but I eat through pads on mine.
I know my issue is heat as I cook the brake fluid too and it is affecting my clutch hydraulics etc causing repeated issues with my clutch master and slave. I’m only a street car though.
Did the different brake model reduce pad issues and reduce heat or just the pad longevity…
… i also only do recreational driving but I do burn through tires ever 4 mouths if that gives in indication of my driving style… 235/40/17 300aaa tires of various brands…
I would love to know what was your fix as I am full stock motor but I can keep up with any exotic ( non of these guys can push their cars so I’m not saying my car is faster I only drive harder to keep up)… do you find issues with your clutch hydraulics as well?
my car looks as stock as possible , stock rims with 20 mm spacers (, only sway bars, montune springs, roll and pull fenders, and 3/4 spacers to lift the car so I don’t rub, lsd and cool works shifter … very basic… just bought some rota 17x8s though so I’m kicking myself for not checking these posts…
If you are running through a set of tires every 4 months, you must be driving A LOT. I think I've done 4 track days on my current set of tires (2 of those were competition days, so pushing hard) on top of half a dozen canyon runs and I still have like 65% tread life left. You may be at a point where you are just burning through consumables from simply driving so much. Are you getting even wear across your tires? bad tire pressure or bad alignment can rapidly accelerate wear.

OP
cidsamuth
Thread Starter #30
Sorry, I just saw this.

For me, it was a multifaceted problem with the off-the-shelf system. First, the retail calipers are cheaply made and often have flex that will cause uneven pad contact under the conditions seen on track.

Next, rotor diameter and width play an underrated role in heat dissipation. Then, of course, contact area of the pad plays a part.

When I first had the retail, OTS version of the Wilwoods that you can get at retailers such as Whoosh, I literally blew the seals on the calipers on track twice, which Wilwood fixed under warranty. The third set of calipers lasted, but I literally burned through pads IN TWO TRACK DAYS. And, that’s was the best pads I could get. Using temperature paint, it indicated my temps were off the chart.

The custom kit I have for sale fixed all that. The stopping power is incredible, they take all the track abuse you can throw at them, and pads now last me 8+ days.

OP
cidsamuth
Thread Starter #31
have motor mounts or springs/coils for sale?
Sorry, no. I’m down to:

Rims/tires
Motor
Transmission
BBK
Rear TB crash bar and aero
Steering wheel and hub
Throttle pedal extenders
Vent gauge pod
Front braided brake lines for stock calipers (Whoosh)
5, 10, 15, and 20mm wheel spacers

OP
cidsamuth
Thread Starter #33
Got a ton of interior parts left also. Some of it is gone, but PM me with anything you need and I’ll let you know if still available. Will sell most of it cheap.

Attachments