Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Convince me either way: Eibach springs with Koni STRs vs Eibachs w/ factory dampeners

Dpro

6000 Post Club
You should look into doing the whole thing yourself then! Just a bit of encouragement. If you can do the rest, mounting the springs on the struts is pretty easy. Many auto shops will let you borrow a spring compressor without any charge. If I can do this (and I did), I'm sure just about anybody can! lol
He could always rent a spring compressor as well. Or even buy one at Harbor Freight.
I do not know of. any auto shops here that would let you just borrow a spring compressor unless you are decent friends with them.

OP
RubenZZZ

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
You should look into doing the whole thing yourself then! Just a bit of encouragement. If you can do the rest, mounting the springs on the struts is pretty easy. Many auto shops will let you borrow a spring compressor without any charge. If I can do this (and I did), I'm sure just about anybody can! lol
I might just have a local shop install them so i can the car aligned anyways. Might even grab some camber plates from DPRO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ronmcdon

I think if you want a softer ride, adjustability of dampening may make just as much if not more of difference than spring rates when looking at ride quality.

in that sense, I think something like the B8 or Koni yellow, if not quality set of coilovers are very much worth it. Since we all have different preferences of what we prefer and where we drive, adjustability there makes all the difference.

currently riding on 8k (450 lb) and 6k (350 lb-ish) rates with softer dampening and it's barely less harsh than stock suspension, despite initial fears it being too harsh on the road.