Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cost to insure FiST increasing?

I'm paying $108/mo for full coverage with low deductibles with State Farm. Liability and collision are high on this car. It's like $220/ 6 mos just for liability. It was $91/mo on my 14 y/o Maxima with the same coverage though. Apparently when you're male, young, and single without children, it automatically gives insurance companies the right to screw you.

FistSt215

Try State Farm . I pay 100/month with 500 detuctable and living in philly so that's pretty good . I'm also 32 and married with a house and home owners insurance helps with multiple vehicles .

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
im curious if those of you that are paying high insurance premiums.. do you also have low credit scores? I ask because I have heard that insurance companies put credit score in front of driving records when they quote insurance.
Mine aren't terrible, I've been rebuilding ever since I purchased this car. It's mid to high 600's.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
State Farm just quoted me $285/month. Geico is cheapest at $135 so far. What the heck is going on?!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
im curious if those of you that are paying high insurance premiums.. do you also have low credit scores? I ask because I have heard that insurance companies put credit score in front of driving records when they quote insurance.
^^^THIS is the BIGGEST ripoff money grab by these thieves EVER!!

So, someone with 3 at fault accidents, DUIs/DWIs, and multiple speeding tickets, but an 875 credit score, is a "lower risk" than someone with a perfectly clean record for 20+ years, but a 650 credit score?!?!?!

ANYTHING they can find to steal from us, I guess??

BTW; the 'correlation'/actuarial/statistical excuse they use for these types of increases are BULLS**T, since I can use the frequency of storks flying overhead to show an increase in human birth rates in an area. So, then I guess I can conclude that storks really DO deliver babies?? [histerical]

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
I agree, as someone that has some college debt that I'm recovering from, I find it frustrating that companies are using my score as leverage when I have a perfectly clean driving record.

not to bring politics into this, but think about it... they lobby the govt to require every driver in the united states to have insurance.. then they dictate the price of insurance. how is that for a money grab.

I pay 400 or so for 6 months with shelter. Good record etc and in the over 50's club

From my own experience I have found that if you have a mailing address in a metro area your rates are automatically going to be higher. I live in the sticks now and with less than stellar driving records I'm paying $130 a month for full coverage on 2 cars.

grnmachine02

32 years old, never had an accident, and have never had a moving violation. Lowest I've been able to get has been $110 a month.

I lean towards credit being a rather large factor, it's the only thing I can think of that's affecting my rates.

TUX15ST

Im shocked you guys are paying so much, i figured nj would be way worse than most places, my credit is good but not great and i get a little off for bundling my homeowners insurance but i am also only 26 and my rate should go down a little more once i get married in 2 months also. Driving record is also good but not great, a few tickets over the last 10 years, and no accidents while i was driving but i was hit parked in a parking lot on one of mustangs

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Maybe you're just far enough away from Newark/Elizabeth, and New Brunswick/Trenton/Camden areas as to not be as adversely effected as those much closer to those areas?? [dunno]

I believe that Newark, to this day, and yes, even with the reductions made by the special task forces notwithstanding, is STILL the car theft capitol of the UNIVERSE! [mad] :(

You guys are going to laugh but whenever I bought my fist back in April, I didn't even call to check on price for insurance, after I bought the car I called to change my policy from my truck to the Fist, and Allstate wanted $4800 a year. I laughed at them and told them to cancel my policy and switched to Geico for $126 a month.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I'm at $871 a year with Cincinnati Insurance, with $250 deductible comp and $500 deductible collision. That includes replacement value, basically a new car if mine gets stolen or totalled, for the first four years. I get some discount because they also insure my house. My credit's excellent and my driving record's clean.
I just got the car so will see what happens at the first renewal.

Mine has been slowly creeping up since I bought the car back in April 15, from like $95 a month to now at $125 my last payment, I need to call them because that makes zero sense to me. I'm 30 w/ 0 accidents or tickets, why the hell are they increasing my rate?

Of course I did get an email this morning saying that "my policy renewal price went down," but I doubt it went down by much I haven't checked it yet.

I have progressive, and went with them because my mom's friends is an insurance agent and that was the cheapest at the time of getting it. but $125 is stupid IMO.

fST

Hmm...this is interesting. My policy will be renewing soon. I'll be interested to find out if there's a hike.

I'm 31, 820 credit score, no accidents, no tickets and pay $66/mo with Progressive for 250/500/100 full coverage with just a $500 deductible.

Thanks for the info/heads up.

Mine aren't terrible, I've been rebuilding ever since I purchased this car. It's mid to high 600's.
Chances are that geico did not pull your motor vehicle report when they quoted which is common practice among these thieves. They will quote you cheap than the under writer looks at your mvr and sees any tickets or accidents you might have and jacks your rate up. STAY AWAY FROM GEICO, i was involved in a staged accident, my claim went to arbitration and lost. Claim adjusters refused to show me my arbitration file(which is illegal) and treated me with extreme disrespect, did not take my claim seriously at all. I even considered filing a complaint and considered pursuing a bad faith lawsuit. Im pretty sure my claim adjuster and her supervisor are based in portland(i live in seattle) so if you went with geico and filed a claim chances are good that youd be dealing with the same asshat department i did. My accident happened before i bought my FiST i also got 2 bad luck tickets with same vehicle, bought the FiST before my policy renewed and i was paying 137 a month, then my policy renewed and they wanted 280 a month. Im 29, been in that one accident and 2 tickets, one speeding 12 mph over and other is minor moving violation.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #39
I don't have anything on my record, anymore anyway. I had a moving violation from over 3 years ago that was removed some time ago, other than that, some minor tickets that were dismissed by defensive driver courses, which in Oregon keeps those violations from being on your record.

I don't have anything on my record, anymore anyway. I had a moving violation from over 3 years ago that was removed some time ago, other than that, some minor tickets that were dismissed by defensive driver courses, which in Oregon keeps those violations from being on your record.
Some of those violations may still linger around the system. Just because you didn't get points, doesn't mean they're gone.

I feel your pain though. I overpay on my insurance as well, all because of credit rating. I'm 36, and have 0 moving violations or at fault accidents. However, I was laid off three weeks after I closed on my house. I had to prioritize what bills got paid, and a lot went to collections. 7 years later, I've got a much better career, still have my house, and have paid off every debt. Poor credit still screwed me on insurance. I pay $118 a month with a $1000 deductible. Oddly, Ford was happy to finance me at 0% on the ST, which I had showed up planning to pay cash for.