Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CP-E Torque Resistor (RMM) Installed

iso100

1000 Post Club
I had this installed along with a CP-E catted 3" downpipe this past Friday.

First impression:
Loud. At idle it's not horrible but the entire interior resonates and makes the exhaust note much louder than stock. Between 1000-1500 RPM that situation only gets worse with even the view in side mirrors going blurry from the shaking. Above 1500, things smooth out.

Yes, the shifts are crisper and power delivery is cleaner. I still have snow tires mounted so I can't really get into it but there's a definite improvement.

I'm crossing my fingers that things loosen up a bit over time and aren't so jarring.

I have an MBRP exhaust and the 3" catted downpipe also made things louder. I can't be 100% certain the increase in NVH isn't partially caused by the new DP.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
It should loosen up some. Both my COBB previously and my boomba both became more user friendly after a few days of driving with them, so I would thing that the cp-e would do the same.

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Thanks! I don't hate it but it's currently a bit more "racecar" than I'd like.

Definitely should "break in"... My Breedt RRM was pretty brutal for the first few miles. After a couple hundred it loosened up and was very livable. A couple thousand miles later and it's now almost unnoticeable at idle where I used to feel it most. Shifts are a little softer feeling to but nowhere near like it was stock.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Definitely should "break in"... My Breedt RRM was pretty brutal for the first few miles. After a couple hundred it loosened up and was very livable. A couple thousand miles later and it's now almost unnoticeable at idle where I used to feel it most. Shifts are a little softer feeling to but nowhere near like it was stock.
I'm curious as to which durometer insert are you using with the Breedt RMM as it comes with two different inserts?

I had this installed along with a CP-E catted 3" downpipe this past Friday.

First impression:
Loud. At idle it's not horrible but the entire interior resonates and makes the exhaust note much louder than stock. Between 1000-1500 RPM that situation only gets worse with even the view in side mirrors going blurry from the shaking. Above 1500, things smooth out.
I have well over 5000 miles on my cp-e rear motor mount. I still have the vibration between 1000-1500 RPM. The whole car basically stutters in that RPM range, it feels very similar to when a car is close to stalling. I granny shift during my commute so this stuttering in low RPM is definitely annoying. Overall, vibration has calmed down a bit. I definitely felt the RMM break in during the first week of driving. However, the cp-e RMM will amplify vibration of the engine at all RPMs. There is an audible drone, especially at highway cruising speed.

This motor mount improves the shifting feel significantly though. Up and down shifts are direct and smooth, absolutely no jerkiness.

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Wow, so after 5k it's still giving those resonances. This might not be the mount for me. I might have this on the market soon...

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Just drove to the gym... On second thought, man these shifts are so smooth. I can deal with the extra NVH.

Just drove to the gym... On second thought, man these shifts are so smooth. I can deal with the extra NVH.
Yeah, it all depends on your priorities. The FiST isn't the car to get if you really care about NVH anyway. I would really like to try out a car with Cobb or Boomba RMM. Too bad this isn't a part that you can easily comparison shop.

The breedt RRM is very nice with little NVH after a few hundred miles. Totally streetable as a commuter and offers the option to use the stiffer rubber supplied with it if you want to feel the NVH. It's the only one which offers the option to be stiff or have a semi... [emoji41]

I just installed a CP-E RMM as well. Between 1000-1500RPM, the entire chassis resonates like my 200SX did with full Delrin driveline mounts, which I recognize now was a terrible plan. I have 1000 miles of driving ahead of me during the next five days, so hopefully that will accelerate the break-in process. I've already noted a noticeable increase in shifting precision, and the car does feel more responsive. Time will tell if I have better luck than iso100 in terms of NVH.

I have a few thousand miles on my CP-E RMM and it has definitely mellowed out. Still get some vibration at 1000-1500 but it's probably about 80% less than it was at first and no difference from oem (to me at least) at idle.

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
I've had mine on for about 600 miles and it has definitely mellowed out. Love it. I don't want it to get any looser and I don't think it will.

Mine gets in today, I guess I'll have to see how I like it after a few hundred miles. I got the cp-e since it sounded like a better balance with NVH than any of the others, but now I'm a little worried about too much vibration between 1000-1500 :p

This is a great thread since I am shopping around for a new RMM.

Based on the NVH reported in this thread for the cp-e and the review for the Cobb here:
http://fiestast.net/threads/cobb-rear-motor-mount-for-fiesta-st-installed-review.1202

And the thread here:
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/4672-Best-RMM-available

It seems in terms of most NVH to least it's Boomba, cp-e, Cobb, Mountune.

I am leaning more towards Mountune since my FiST is my daily.

Don't forget about the Breedt RMM! I was a little skeptical after I installed it since it put a good vibration through the whole car, but by the time 500-1000miles had gone by it broke in very nicely and I can only feel a very slight increase over stock vibration at idle (even with the AC on). I liked it because i could swap out the internal bushing for a stiffer one, but to be honest i don't ever see myself doing so. If the Mountune one had been out when I was purchasing the Breedt I would definitely have gone for it since everything else on the car is Mountune and I've had nothing but excellent results from all their products. So, I'm not saying not to get the Mountune, just throwing out another option.