Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

crc valve and turbo cleaner

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I did when doing my starter as i had the intake manifold off already. It actually did work. I suggest using a soft bristle brush to scrub the valves on the closed cylinders. Then blowing the runners in the head out with compressed air. Rotate the engine by hand. ( socket on crank pulley) re assemble and do ford's flooded cylinder start procedure. ( gas pedal flat to floor and start car. It will crank until you take your foot off the gas then it will fire like normal). Then to be sure. Change your oil and filter. ( ive been running castrol for gdi turbo engines and my valves didn't look nasty. At 105k with no catch can.

the duke

Is it necessary? From what I remember the build up on these cars is significantly less than other DI motors, to the point a few members pulled the manifolds at like 100K miles and there wasn't much there.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
It depends on your drive times.
Me with a 40 minute drive to work. They were a little dirty. Someone with a 10 minute drive. Theyd be gross AF.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It depends on your drive times.
Me with a 40 minute drive to work. They were a little dirty. Someone with a 10 minute drive. Theyd be gross AF.
This and the Type of motor oil you use*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I drive it like I stole it. Why I haven't been pulled over by unmarked cars (a lot here) I just don't know. Oh, it is only 9 miles each way, half highway, half 35-40mph suburban, but I get there quickly. But if Allstate or law enforcement officials read this, I'm just kidding. Really.