Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dead Hook Motorsports Factory Fitment Intercooler!!!

Trader history for DHM (0)

I have to say somethings! This group but is a big reason i quit my day job. You guys showed me big time support. I left a steady paycheck, leased and moved into a shop, moved out of my house, broke some records, had family pass, and so much more in the last 3months since this group buy started. Big thank you to everyone again!

With that being said Like this comment and PM me your shirt size and i will be sure to hook you up with a shirt and 10% off most products on our website!!!! (ONLY FOR PEOPLE PART OF THE GROUP BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Russ
Glad to hear brighter days are your way!

With the racebar, is it strong enough to mount a tow strap at the center of the bar? Or does it need to be gusseted at the cross section of the two bars and mounted there?

Dusty

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #863
Glad to hear brighter days are your way!

With the racebar, is it strong enough to mount a tow strap at the center of the bar? Or does it need to be gusseted at the cross section of the two bars and mounted there?

Dusty
If you mount the tow hook as far right or left i do not see any issue at all.

Russ

Received my intercooler today, thanks Russ! After work I went straight home and installed it + the MBRP charge pipe which took about 5 hours as I was mostly working in the dark with a flashlight. Not that bad of an install, the bumper will need some realignment tomorrow but everything is back together and the charge pipes are nice and tight. Flashed to Cobb stage 3 (2jr intake, Mountune DP, Injen cat-back) and took it for a spin. I had been doing some brief glancing at my AP over the last few weeks and wasn't seeing more than about 19.6-19.9 PSI of boost lately. Tonight I was seeing 22.74 at the peak with about 21-22 being about the average max during a 20 minute drive, so I'm super happy at the moment and the intercooler was worth the wait!

I was honestly surprised at how small the stock unit is.

So shiny!

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Received my intercooler today, thanks Russ! After work I went straight home and installed it + the MBRP charge pipe which took about 5 hours as I was mostly working in the dark with a flashlight. Not that bad of an install, the bumper will need some realignment tomorrow but everything is back together and the charge pipes are nice and tight. Flashed to Cobb stage 3 (2jr intake, Mountune DP, Injen cat-back) and took it for a spin. I had been doing some brief glancing at my AP over the last few weeks and wasn't seeing more than about 19.6-19.9 PSI of boost lately. Tonight I was seeing 22.74 at the peak with about 21-22 being about the average max during a 20 minute drive, so I'm super happy at the moment and the intercooler was worth the wait!

So shiny!
How are your temps looking?

How are your temps looking?
It's a rather warm night at about 74 degrees but I saw 75-82 charge air temps and roughly ambient intake temps the two times I looked. I'll be doing much more driving tomorrow and will write up some additional thoughts and see how it handles a decently warm SoCal day.

GAbOS

It's a rather warm night at about 74 degrees but I saw 75-82 charge air temps and roughly ambient intake temps the two times I looked. I'll be doing much more driving tomorrow and will write up some additional thoughts and see how it handles a decently warm SoCal day.
Seeing near ambient is sick. Log some more!

Installed new MAP cat-back and today and took her out for some spirited driving. It was between 80-90 degrees out and I consistently saw 5-10 degrees above ambient charge temps all day. The only time I saw it peek above 100F was in a bit of traffic but it very quickly cooled back down to 90-95 once we got moving again.

Looks great too!

I'll make sure to watch the temps on my drive home from work Monday as I sit in bumper to bumper traffic for 30 minutes.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #870

So shiny!
Glad you like it!

Hows that charge pipe? Good fitment? look good? Etc.

Russ

Glad you like it!

Hows that charge pipe? Good fitment? look good? Etc.

Russ
The MBRP charge pipe fits well and looks nice, I'm pretty much over worm-gear clamps now after installing it and am planning on getting t-bolt clamps for all of the charge pipe couplings. The stock silicone hot-side pipe to intercooler hose slides almost freely on the shiny and smooth charge pipe with the stock worm-gear clamp. I have it situated in a way that it won't come off and it's holding boost just fine, I would just like it tighter than the stock clamp can handle. :)

Thanks again!

Finally got my black one installed today. Took just under 2 hours with a friend helping. I sort of feel that there should have been washers where the bracket goes onto the car but it all went smooth. I trimmed the side plastic pieces so I could re install them. The extra stage 2 power above 4k is nice

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #879
Finally got my black one installed today. Took just under 2 hours with a friend helping. I sort of feel that there should have been washers where the bracket goes onto the car but it all went smooth. I trimmed the side plastic pieces so I could re install them. The extra stage 2 power above 4k is nice
Washers where the spacers went? If so I'm having new spacers made that fit better and larger diameter.

Russ

A larger spacer would be good. Just looked odd considering it was barely larger than the bumper indent where the bolts go.