Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Defective hood

Hey friends

My 2017 J7 has an issue where it’s rusting on the inner hood seams, where Ford failed to use Seam sealer. I have gone to see the dealership regarding this issue, and Ford Canada continually denies the claim. It’s an issue that is difficult to fix and the hood should be replace-only.
Is there anyone on here that can get me in touch with someone at Ford who will even listen to me and take into consideration the severity of the problem? Anyone who’s had the same issue? (And for others-go pop your hood and check for corrosion!) Anyone at all, any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Last edited:
OP
bullitt1516
Thread Starter #4
Many of us have had paint problems me included just search on this site.
Good luck Ford doesn't care about us. Ford has never cared.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=74193&share_type=t&link_source=app

Paint Defect (Bubbling/Corrosion/Etc) Resource Thread
Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear.

As an autobody Technician I can confirm why repairs are not done nicely or up to a good quality standard on warranty work...cause it doesn’t pay! Ford doesn’t want to pay...and it’s only a band-aid solution: hence I mentioned...the corrosion at the seams is replace only...

Did anyone have any luck at all fighting this issue? If you did, can you please DM me with exact details including mileage and the ford dealership, who you talked to, etc.
I will not let this slide and I do not accept “No” as an answer from Ford.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
She wants a new hood not a repaint.

Get a new hood of your choice. Bring old hood back to the dealer that denied your claim....throw through the front window like that old unhappy lady in the discount tire commercials did with her Wheel! This was as close as I get in a Gif*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

xxiaze

Yeah my lower doors, trunk seam and hood seams are all garbage rust. Pretty typical on these things especially in rust prone climate.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Im in kind of the same boat with my trunk. And a spot on my drivers door pillar. Not much we can do really.

OP
bullitt1516
Thread Starter #11
It might be asking a lot, but if your FiST is experiencing the same issues as mine, may I ask that you DM me a picture of the car, the rust, and the mileage. I will take this case to ford somehow.
This 100% is a defect. I work on cars everyday and new Fords are one of the worst for this corrosion

xxiaze

It might be asking a lot, but if your FiST is experiencing the same issues as mine, may I ask that you DM me a picture of the car, the rust, and the mileage. I will take this case to ford somehow.
This 100% is a defect. I work on cars everyday and new Fords are one of the worst for this corrosion
Gladly

xxiaze

Hood:
BD1C5FAD-E600-4915-9AF7-3080645AD1D4.jpeg
Passenger Rear Door:
C685B088-DCBF-4D8F-8AD0-70194610F63A.jpeg
Trunk:
3A239BA3-2D1F-4A1E-88B1-635E48F60B4B.jpeg
I’m sure there is more tbh, but these are the for sure known issues on my car. ~100k mi 2014 Tuxedo Black ST2 made in Mexico

Last edited:

xxiaze

Yeah, pretty sad. Not sure how I’ll handle it. Was going to buy a carbon fiber hood and trunk... but might need to get a new passenger door. Will try to grind and paint it first to start. We shall see.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeah, pretty sad. Not sure how I’ll handle it. Was going to buy a carbon fiber hood and trunk... but might need to get a new passenger door. Will try to grind and paint it first to start. We shall see.
Por-15 that shiznit*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I actually got Ford to repaint my roof.
Me too, bought my 2017 brand new in March of 2019, by August I noticed bubbling around the antenna....took it to the dealer and they had the roof repainted. No questions at all which kind of shocked me. They sent it out to another body shop and it took 5 days. Overall I was happy with the way it was handled.

OP
bullitt1516
Thread Starter #19
Ford Canada pretty much told me to get lost (politely)

Why should I be stuck with fixing their lack of Seam sealer?

Rust is cancer of the metal! It’s even worse than what you can visually see on the surface.

If anyone has any contacts within Ford, or had success with Ford warranty repaint, I need help with this. And I’m willing to meet them halfway by performing the repair myself! Geez.

PS If I had a band-aid solution for you guys to stop the spread of corrosion I would tell you, but even I am left going “wtf Ford”

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I honestly don't know how us Americans can help someone in Canada there's obviously different policies/requirements laws etc.
I did nothing special simply made an appointment they looked at it and it got approved. They threw some paint on the areas that had paint coming off and that was that. I had no visible rust many of us don't.

You shouldn't be stuck but they don't care. If they don't care about their truck buyers their business model now they don't care about a car they don't make anymore. Give them two fingers write some bad reviews, trash them on social media and never buy a Ford again.

Pictures below Ford fixed the paint that had came off the car, but they would not address the bubbling that you see on the hatch.

Last edited: