Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DHM’s Build

dhminer

2000 Post Club
No, not that DHM. Just my initials.

Bought the car new in April of 2017 and lurked here for a while before I started posting mostly useless things.

Told myself for a few years “iM nOt GoInG tO cRaNk Up ThE pOwEr LiKe I dId WiTh My MaZdAsPeEd 6” but Covid boredom set in and I got a 2020 Escape to DD, so here goes nothing.

April 2017 - Stock.

May 2017 - windows tinted 35%, windshield 70%.

May 2017 - MP215 installed by Clinton Ford in Rock Hill, SC much to their dismay. Great folks though. Self installed strut tower brace and Cobb CBE with Cobb hangers.

March 2020 - Black Fifteen52 chicanes and Mountune springs.

April 2020 - Velossatech big mouth, Mountune inlet, Mountune intercooler, yellow badge overlays.

July 2020 - Mountune short shift, Latheworks 3” shifter extension and FoST carbon knob.

November 2020 - Whoosh ceramic coated crossover and turbo inlet, Whoosh catless v3 downpipe, Mountune’s turbosmart symposer port BOV, Dizzy stage 2 & e30 tunes.

February 2021 - Spec D tail lights, silver Fifteen52 chicanes, and some other small visual stuff.

March 2021 - ATP GTX2860R gen 2 ordered. Dizzy to tune once installed.

Lazy af - Mountune radiator sitting in the basement since July 2020. Will likely do one big install weekend and do this with the turbo. Also sitting on a Pierce 4 pt and trunk brace that I’ll do when it’s warmer.

Posts to follow with pics.

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I will be posting up a complete Gen2 GTX2860R with high flow Catted Dp and Sour skittles manifold with a machined ATP adapter to match as I'm going to a DHM 360r kit...could've saved you some skrilla...but its nice to see another Peep getting into BT world.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
OP
dhminer

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
I will be posting up a complete Gen2 GTX2860R with high flow Catted Dp and Sour skittles manifold with a machined ATP adapter to match as I'm going to a DHM 360r kit...could've saved you some skrilla...but its nice to see another Peep getting into BT world.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
I’ve been stalking your posts haha can’t wait to see how it comes out. If it doesn’t go as a complete set let me know, might have to take that manifold off your hands. I’ll probably chill for a while before I go manifold, injectors and hpfp. Trying to slowly but surely approach the realm of “too much power” for the front wheels.

OP
dhminer

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
Just need a Nice lower grille to protect your investment...none of that Cant stop a boulder OEM style poopoo! I have a thread of the lower grille By Customcargrilles. FYI*
Thanks for the heads up that looks great. My last car went to the graveyard because of a large rock. 0/10. Do not recommend.

xxiaze

This progress looks great, I like the black and yellow a lot. Good selection on parts for practicality vs functionality. Beautiful car man.

OP
dhminer

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
ATP GTX2860R gen 2 should be arriving in the next day or two with an airtec manifold to follow shortly thereafter. Fact that I'll lose 1/2 gallon of coolant during the swap sounds like a good enough reason to install the mountune radiator while I'm at it.

Debated ceramic coating everything to be like @TyphoonFiST but decided to go with a PTP turbo blanket and some titanium exhaust wrap for the manifold.

Trying to overcome my compulsion to get everything done in one day and start tearing things down today and installing new over the course of the next 7-10 days.

OP
dhminer

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
Doing the radiator this weekend in preparation for the turbo install. Found a shop locally that's done a few Focus STs and RSs so going to have them do the work for me. They also warranty their work for 12 months/12k miles, so some peace of mind there. 3/25 install date.

Time to get a tune going.

OP
dhminer

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
Just unboxing things to make sure everything is ready to go. Design engineering turbo blanket fits perfectly. Also plugged the 1” outlet on the hot side pipe where ATP wants the BOV ran so I can keep mine in the symposer location. Yes I know it needs to be hose clamped.

@ron@whoosh always coming in clutch confirmed manifold shipping early next week

FB648889-8B6C-41FC-A45B-2A9F839DC36C.jpeg F181AFFE-1047-4F15-803F-E6953093A416.jpeg
FFF6731F-3316-462D-9189-C191CC50337E.jpeg 502DBF41-85B2-471D-8BD1-A475BAB6785C.jpeg

OP
dhminer

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
Got the manifold back today looking pretty good. Was bored so decided to install the TB trunk brace yesterday as well and will be installing the 4 point over the weekend. New trans fluid and an oil change tomorrow ahead of Thursday turbo day. Starting to get pumped for it.

B0232B76-38A0-4194-AC5A-852736BA0519.jpeg 8AC6EB2C-54E4-4FB4-BAA4-DC3632C60ACE.jpeg

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Now, after seeing that installed, I am a bit undecided about whether to get the TB trunk brace, or for about twice the price, get the sweet, very lightweight, SWAVE/Summit one.

This one is install and pretty much forget it in the black powder coat, whereas my maniacal OCD will force me to be polishing the SWAVE shiny aluminum one incessantly/constantly. LOL

OP
dhminer

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #20
Now, after seeing that installed, I am a bit undecided about whether to get the TB trunk brace, or for about twice the price, get the sweet, very lightweight, SWAVE/Summit one.

This one is install and pretty much forget it in the black powder coat, whereas my maniacal OCD will force me to be polishing the SWAVE shiny aluminum one incessantly/constantly. LOL
When I was reading around on which to buy the SWAVE wasn’t yet available but the TB braces seem to be very well made and there seems to be a fair number of people who report noticeable improvement. Always nice to support a small business like TB as well