Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DHM’s Build

OP
dhminer

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #121
It always amazes me how non rust-belt care are so clean underneath! Good idea for the tow hook, not in the way, but easy to access when needed.
Would be even better if not for a year of daily driver duty in the Indiana slush mess!

OP
dhminer

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #122
First HPDE in this car at Grid Life at Carolina Motorsports Park. Car did great, although the standard spring rate BC coils definitely aren’t a track first coil over. Shout out to @Fusion Works for helping me dial in the rebound and tire pressures.
IMG_7158.jpeg IMG_7162.jpeg IMG_7160.jpeg

First HPDE in this car at Grid Life at Carolina Motorsports Park. Car did great, although the standard spring rate BC coils definitely aren’t a track first coil over. Shout out to @Fusion Works for helping me dial in the rebound and tire pressures.
View attachment 61165 View attachment 61166 View attachment 61167
Interested to know more about your experience using the BC coilovers. Are you alluding to the spring rate, travel, damping?

Fusion Works

Chinesium dampers are Chinesium dampers.
Dustin it was great meeting you and the car looks great. Your out mine to shame. My car is so gross right now. Haha.

I got one pic of you on track in the morning before I left. Sorry it looks like it was shot from space, I was in the trailer when you went hy and I realized you were on track.
IMG_4257.jpeg IMG_4256.jpeg IMG_4255.jpeg

OP
dhminer

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #127
That Factory Five (?) is sick!
Almost too pretty to take out on track.

Built Coyote in it, or??
It is indeed a factory five. My dad and I built it together when I was in high school and he’s been cruising around and tracking it for 15 years now. It has the 429 from his first car that he kept for almost 30 years - a ‘71 Thunderbird.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Interested to know more about your experience using the BC coilovers. Are you alluding to the spring rate, travel, damping?
I love my BCs with 8k front and 6k rear for track. They’re a bit stiff on the street for my liking but the good thing is they’re designed to work within 4k of spring rate changes. I originally ran 6k front 4k rear which was perfect for dual purpose use but as I’ve gotten faster and added functional arep, the increased spring rate was a necessity to keep them off the bump stops on track. I’ve only had one rear blow from a heavy curb strike but BC overnighted me a new one without any issues. Apparently I was the only one to blow one on the Fiesta at that time so they’re definitely reliable. Zero issues since… A single click in any direction makes a noticeable difference and you have 30 to play with. Definitely a great option. I’ll probably go with their digressive setup when my BRs finally wear out but they’ve been fantastic.

OP
dhminer

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #129
I love my BCs with 8k front and 6k rear for track. They’re a bit stiff on the street for my liking but the good thing is they’re designed to work within 4k of spring rate changes. I originally ran 6k front 4k rear which was perfect for dual purpose use but as I’ve gotten faster and added functional arep, the increased spring rate was a necessity to keep them off the bump stops on track. I’ve only had one rear blow from a heavy curb strike but BC overnighted me a new one without any issues. Apparently I was the only one to blow one on the Fiesta at that time so they’re definitely reliable. Zero issues since… A single click in any direction makes a noticeable difference and you have 30 to play with. Definitely a great option. I’ll probably go with their digressive setup when my BRs finally wear out but they’ve been fantastic.
That’s great feedback, thank you. That must have been a heck of a curb strike!