Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dipped my wheels yesterday

looks good! Couple questions, is this your first dip job and how long did it take you?

OP
D
Thread Starter #4
This is my forth time dipping wheels. The whole process took about 6 hours, but that includes taking the wheels off, cleaning them really well, letting them dry for an hour and a half and dipping them. I also took a few breaks because it was 95? and humid outside. I also applied two applications of dip coat once everything was done.

Awesome job. The exact thing I plan to do. They look lighter on the TB paint, but I think against my oxford white it'll be dark. Can you see they metallic in the metalizer?

OP
D
Thread Starter #7
If you look closely at the photo you can see a bit of it, although some of that is texture from the dip.

OP
D
Thread Starter #9
I ended up using like 5 cans of black but probably could have gotten away with 4. I didn't want to kick the cans because the spray starts to get iffy towards the end. Use 1.5 of the metallizer.

They look great. I'm going to be doing my terras when I get tire installed in a week or two but i still can't decide what color I want to do them.