Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rustoleum dipped wheels

I bought rustoleum peel coat in graphite color and also a can of duplicolor clear effex chameleon. I put 4 coats of peel coat and three coats of clear. Came out better than expected but chameleon effect doesn't really show unless up close and in direct sunlight. Give me your opinions!

I did the same thing last weekend!(minus the clear) The graphite isn't quite as dark as I wanted but it looks a lot better than stock.

OP
C
Thread Starter #4
I did the same thing last weekend!(minus the clear) The graphite isn't quite as dark as I wanted but it looks a lot better than stock.
I didn't want them black so this is perfect. I also wanted the metallic flake as to match the tricoat of the MO. It's honestly the perfect shade for me

I didn't want them black so this is perfect. I also wanted the metallic flake as to match the tricoat of the MO. It's honestly the perfect shade for me
Very true, I had some matte black vinyl on them before and the metallic graphite flake definitely compliments the flake in the TB paint on the car a lot better.

OP
C
Thread Starter #7
Very true, I had some matte black vinyl on them before and the metallic graphite flake definitely compliments the flake in the TB paint on the car a lot better.
How many coats did you use?

How many coats did you use?
I went through 1 can and first go around then touched it up so I guess you could say 2. I probably should have done more, I already noticed a spot that scratched off on the front right wheel. Oh well now I know for next time.

OP
C
Thread Starter #9
Yeah I put 4 coats on and went through roughly 2 cans. It helps peel it off if need be

I've been leaning towards a satin black with 2 coats of clear and paint matched wheel tape around the outer lip.

OP
C
Thread Starter #11
I've been leaning towards a satin black with 2 coats of clear and paint matched wheel tape around the outer lip.
We need to meet up again so you can see it in person. Black would look good but I'm not huge on paint matched accents on wheels. I'd try to find some nice lugs and just run with that

We need to meet up again so you can see it in person. Black would look good but I'm not huge on paint matched accents on wheels. I'd try to find some nice lugs and just run with that
I'm always down for a meet. Karls Barkley said she's down too. There's another Pittsburgh guy lurking round here.