Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Diverter Valve problems

Chevs

So recently my FiST started surging/fluttering when I let off the throttle. I upgrated to the GFBDV+ like 6 monts ago, and its worth noticing that I have an aftermarket enduction kit installed aswell. Everyting has been absolutely fine but about 2 weeks ago I was doing a trip on the highway, and when I came off the highway and started doing normal driving I was noticing a very high pitch flutter. I tried giving it some more gas and It would just wooosh like normal, but if I kept it below 3k rpm, or didnt let it create full boost it would make this high pitch flutter, and it just sounds awful. The next day I took it for a drive and everything seemed normal again, until the engine was almost warm it started doing it a little bit, and the warmer the engine got the more flutter it made. Sometimes when it's not fully warm it would start doing the flutter, and then release the air fully like normal when I let off the throttle. I started thinking that It might be something with the piston in the diverter valve being dried out and kinda rubbing around the edges of the DV housing. So I lubed it up and it was the same thing. I then bought a used GFBDV+ off a mate that had no problem at all with it. Drove fine for 3 days and then it started happening again. I'm started to do some self diagnose in my head, and I wondered if the stock solenoid is getting allergic to heat. I've seen that these stock diverter valves are prone to failure.

So I'm looking to get a new one anyways and I was wondering which one to get. I'm not really into the whole flutter/surge thing, and I kinda wanna keep it DV and not BOV. Should I go the safe route and just get a vacuum controlled?

I've attached a video of the flutter. It sounds much worse if you're actually giving it some gas.

I apologize if some of it doesn't make sense, or if there are some typos. English is my second langauge.

Attachments

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Is there a hex screw on top that you can adjust? This should affect the response of the valve. The less responsive the more surge/bucking (some prefer this for racing and holding boost between shifts). It's holding boost a bit longer after you let off throttle. The faster the response the quicker it will release boost which is what you're used to.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk