Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dizzy Tune Turnaround?

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Interesting, not an option I've heard of! Do you rememer any pricing or other details off the top of your head? Bad timing to look since it seems like their domain just expired and their site is down (https://amelytuned.com). Happy with my Dizzy + Monster Tuned combo but tunes are cheap enough that it's fun to look around.
I want to try the monster tune (currently tuned by dizzy). What are the difference between dizzy and monster?

Interesting, not an option I've heard of! Do you rememer any pricing or other details off the top of your head? Bad timing to look since it seems like their domain just expired and their site is down (https://amelytuned.com). Happy with my Dizzy + Monster Tuned combo but tunes are cheap enough that it's fun to look around.
he offers the fiesta st tune for $250 for a single fuel, if you want two fuels the price increase to $300, there is also pops and bangs and tunes for another cars

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
After reading through some info here and elsewhere, and watching that video, went with Adam at TunePlus. Not saying anything negative about anyone else, but I appreciate the help and insight here and think I've made a good choice. I can update my experience here if anyone is interested, otherwise I'll consider this issue resolved.
After this thread I went with tune plus, and it’s been just over a week now and I’m still on the base tune. His website said to email him if it’s been 5-7 days. I waited for 7 days and emailed him and haven’t heard back.

I don’t know what’s with tuners and poor communication. My customers would be upset with us if we didn’t respond within the day. I don’t like making my customers message or call me multiple times before responding, it gives the impression I’m avoiding them or their concern isn’t worth my time, neither which is good in the long term.

OP
CreepyOldMan
Thread Starter #24
After this thread I went with tune plus, and it’s been just over a week now and I’m still on the base tune. His website said to email him if it’s been 5-7 days. I waited for 7 days and emailed him and haven’t heard back.

I don’t know what’s with tuners and poor communication. My customers would be upset with us if we didn’t respond within the day. I don’t like making my customers message or call me multiple times before responding, it gives the impression I’m avoiding them or their concern isn’t worth my time, neither which is good in the long term.
To be frank, I've yet to have a consistently positive experience in tuning any of my current or previous cars. Some are quicker than others but are either poor at communication or just abrasive and kinda rude, or they're slower but seem more understanding and kind. I won't say which is which, because I don't want to 'start anything,' but no one has 'put it all together' in terms of customer experience for me thus far. Good luck man, we've got what we've got.

Dpro

6000 Post Club

per Adam’s instructions he looks at emails for tunes and emails them out only on certain days of the week. Due to the massive volume he was getting hit with. This was around 6 months back. Also per his instructions you need to keep your emails in a chain i.e. directly email any contact to him off the reply button of the last email received from him to keep it in chain. He gets so much email your email can get lost otherwise.
If by chance you did not follow those instructions then ya he might have missed it and not responded.

Not being an apologist for him merely stating what he implicity told me when I started tuning with him. A weeks time was usual and it worked out to pulls and revisions once a week for in my experience. I believe his submission and response days were tue and thurs but do not quote me on that.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
per Adam’s instructions he looks at emails for tunes and emails them out only on certain days of the week. Due to the massive volume he was getting hit with. This was around 6 months back. Also per his instructions you need to keep your emails in a chain i.e. directly email any contact to him off the reply button of the last email received from him to keep it in chain. He gets so much email your email can get lost otherwise.
If by chance you did not follow those instructions then ya he might have missed it and not responded.

Not being an apologist for him merely stating what he implicity told me when I started tuning with him. A weeks time was usual and it worked out to pulls and revisions once a week for in my experience. I believe his submission and response days were tue and thurs but do not quote me on that.
I’ve kept everything in the tuning email, I’ve worked with Freektune and Dizzy before, I understand the importance of retaining the communication history. Just used to faster turnarounds.

Reading through this thread I gotta say I'm surprised at how great you guys have had it in the past. Anything bespoke in any other industry takes weeks to months to get updates because you're talking about an industry that can't scale up. Custom suits, shoes, speakers, instruments...anything that revolves around a single person running a shop is lucky to answer emails once a week (if you're lucky to work with someone who even responds to emails). And that's just Stateside, I won't get into what it's like in other countries when you're dealing with experts in their fields.

As cheap as even custom tunes cost compared to what high end cars get charged, I would expect the line to be a bit long to get your ECU in front of the tuner. Am I missing something here? What were previous turnarounds like before?

p.s. and that custom list i meant *hearing back* from the producer. i don't mean actually producing it. that's an apples to oranges comparison i'm not trying to make here

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Reading through this thread I gotta say I'm surprised at how great you guys have had it in the past. Anything bespoke in any other industry takes weeks to months to get updates because you're talking about an industry that can't scale up. Custom suits, shoes, speakers, instruments...anything that revolves around a single person running a shop is lucky to answer emails once a week (if you're lucky to work with someone who even responds to emails). And that's just Stateside, I won't get into what it's like in other countries when you're dealing with experts in their fields.

As cheap as even custom tunes cost compared to what high end cars get charged, I would expect the line to be a bit long to get your ECU in front of the tuner. Am I missing something here? What were previous turnarounds like before?

p.s. and that custom list i meant *hearing back* from the producer. i don't mean actually producing it. that's an apples to oranges comparison i'm not trying to make here
Things have changed a lot to certain extent to how it used to be in the early to mid 2000’s. Of course we have had in the beginning a fair amount of vendors that jumped into the game. We do not have as many now but definitely have very attentive ones.
As far as the tuning world goes the change came about with the advent of the Cobb AP IMO. It made it quite easy for a tuner to send you a base map to flash to the ecu and you take datalogs and send them back and they tweak and send you a new tune to flash. Previous to that we stuff like Apexi PowerFC which I suspect had a lot of influence on the AP. Though with the PowerFC you were a bit more limited. Mostly we had a piggyback or send your ecu out to reflashed which usually meant an actual eprom change in the unit that was forever. I remember JDM engines coming in from Japan with prommed ECU’s for bigger turbo’s , injectors, cams etc…
The AP obsoleted that whole concept. It allowed what you are marveling about. We also have a generation that grew up with the internet and expect those kind of turnarounds and get all upset when it takes longer. Patience is a virtue that almost looks to be lost.

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran

I admit I've gotten spoiled over the years. :(