Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DiZZY tune.

OP
DAW

DAW

Thread Starter #21
That, or nitrous or CO2 sprayers aimed at the intercooler. LOL
I had an evo way back when in 2003(brand new, literally the month they came to the states) and those came with factory intercooler water sprayers. Mitsubishi did away with it quickly though, not sure why.

the duke

I had an evo way back when in 2003(brand new, literally the month they came to the states) and those came with factory intercooler water sprayers. Mitsubishi did away with it quickly though, not sure why.
Had one in my 04 STi. Didn't really do shit honestly unless you threw ice cubes in the reservoir in the trunk. Then being in the trunk it'd melt and you'd just have really hot water. Others used blue washer fluid for the methanol and subsequently stained their intercoolers and engine bay because horsepower BRO.

They honestly didn't do much. It worked well for meth injection or water injection, but the sprayer on the IC was rather gimmecky. I believe Mitsu and Subaru both said it was primarily to clean dirt off the IC which would insulate the fins, not good for a heat exchanger.

I’m 100% happy with my Dizzy stage 2, 93 octane tune. It’s super smooth, and has been great on the street/track/autox.
Just last week, I did a HPDE which included multiple track sessions (including a 35 minute session in 84 degrees) and about 8 autox runs, all in one day.
Not only was the power strong, but the temps and timing were well within range. (I have a Mountune radiator and fmic, if you’re wondering).
On top of all if that, Jason’s customer service is amazing. Whatever dumb question I ask, he quickly answers with a lot of detail.

OP
DAW

DAW

Thread Starter #26
Yeah, I like mine definitely better then the cobb Ots.

Cobb has updated all of their tunes and are running version 506. I am convinced that these updates are more competetive with the tuner OTS maps. Here is what I consistantly read off of the AP, caveat being these numbers are computer generated but still seems reasonable to compare relativly. 93 octane

Cobb Stage2 (ver. 506) : 220hp, 273 torque

Dizzy Stage2: 197hp, 250 torque

The tuners (tune+, Stratified, Dizzy, etc) are based in the older versions. My Dizzy and Strat are running Version 500. The plus side of the tuners is the customizability, but I have been most happy with Cobb's newer versions. You can always just switch maps to suit your driving style
Really? My Cobb tune felt neutered compared to my stratified tune. Where on the AP are you getting virtual HP?

So Cobb redid their tunes? I've been thinking either Dizzy stag2 or Cobb stag2.
I had no idea Cobb made changes, either. I'll give their stage 2 another go this weekend. I have a Dizzy Stage 2 tune right now so I can compare them back to back.

Brianmc27

I had no idea Cobb made changes, either. I'll give their stage 2 another go this weekend. I have a Dizzy Stage 2 tune right now so I can compare them back to back.
Nice! I just ordered. Strat stage 2 and have a dizzy stage 1 as well - I plan on trying to datalog all of them and run a Vdyno

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I just loaded the dizzy stage 2 tune and it felt great! Love to see what your data logs come up with. Thing to note, always had knocks detected on cylinder 1 with Cobbs ots stage 3. With dizzy I make more boost and there is way less knock. Got a count of 1 on a long 4th gear pull that I'm sure would have been 4 or 5 maybe more on the Cobb tune.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Brianmc27

I just loaded the dizzy stage 2 tune and it felt great! Love to see what your data logs come up with. Thing to note, always had knocks detected on cylinder 1 with Cobbs ots stage 3. With dizzy I make more boost and there is way less knock. Got a count of 1 on a long 4th gear pull that I'm sure would have been 4 or 5 maybe more on the Cobb tune.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Nice - I stopped paying attention to knock last summer on my Dizzy Stage 1, after a gallon or so of E85 it all but disappeared.

so i just flashed my stage 1 (93 oct) tune from dizzy today after installing the recommended colder plugs (and i did a oil change just to be safe) and after driving it i kinda feel like... “thats it?” idk i haven’t done the datalogging yet so im hoping that helps.

dont get me wrong the car feels and sounds great (dizzy burbles are awesome) but i was really expecting a noticeable difference in power. the throttle response is definitely better but it doesn’t feel like it pulls any harder.

Brianmc27

so i just flashed my stage 1 (93 oct) tune from dizzy today after installing the recommended colder plugs (and i did a oil change just to be safe) and after driving it i kinda feel like... “thats it?” idk i haven’t done the datalogging yet so im hoping that helps.

dont get me wrong the car feels and sounds great (dizzy burbles are awesome) but i was really expecting a noticeable difference in power. the throttle response is definitely better but it doesn’t feel like it pulls any harder.
I felt like that from Stock toe Cobb S1 - kinda meh feeling. As soon as I loaded Jason’s tune I noticed a vast difference - even from Cobb.

Get yourself on E30, then you’ll feel a difference.

So after doing about an hour of city driving on the Cobb S2 tune, my butt dyno is telling me the Dizzy tune accelerates stronger in 1st gear, Cobb stronger from 2nd gear on.

The Cobb tune doesn't feel as, well...unstable as it used to. Smooth idle, more refined feel overall. Then again, I have gotten step colder plugs and a GFB DV+ since then. Maybe that helped.

I've LOVE the linear throttle on the Dizzy tune. It's very driveable and easy to save gas when you want to, and of course the power is there if you really want it, but I also didn't realize how much I missed the low end grunt of the Cobb tune.

I'll use the Cobb S2 for the rest of the week and see how I feel after putting on way more miles.

So after doing about an hour of city driving on the Cobb S2 tune, my butt dyno is telling me the Dizzy tune accelerates stronger in 1st gear, Cobb stronger from 2nd gear on.

The Cobb tune doesn't feel as, well...unstable as it used to. Smooth idle, more refined feel overall. Then again, I have gotten step colder plugs and a GFB DV+ since then. Maybe that helped.

I've LOVE the linear throttle on the Dizzy tune. It's very driveable and easy to save gas when you want to, and of course the power is there if you really want it, but I also didn't realize how much I missed the low end grunt of the Cobb tune.

I'll use the Cobb S2 for the rest of the week and see how I feel after putting on way more miles.
Please update us so I can make aa decision. lol