Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Do I need an intake for TT s280

I’ve been reading a lot and can’t seem to find a general idea. I’m waiting for my TT s280 turbo kit to come in but am not sure if I need an aftermarket intake. I’ve seen just a drop in panel filter is fine with the stock air box but that’s just been in relation to a stock turbo.
Thanks for your input!!!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I’ve been reading a lot and can’t seem to find a general idea. I’m waiting for my TT s280 turbo kit to come in but am not sure if I need an aftermarket intake. I’ve seen just a drop in panel filter is fine with the stock air box but that’s just been in relation to a stock turbo.
Thanks for your input!!!
Nope...you should be fine with a Stock intake. Unless you want more noise and suck in hot engine air!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Well you see, if you get an intake that sucks hotter air then you’ll need a bigger intercooler and then they can sell that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slopoke

Do you really need one? No, but eliminating the bottlenecks in the intake tract and a cooler intake charge, should have added airflow benefits, which should increase HP. I got the ST200 airbox from Ron Miller at Whoosh Motorsports, when I was modding my Fiesta.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
It really depends on the power level your seeking. Over 400 whp your minimum intake size should be 3 inches due to the volume of air your gonna need to be moving.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk