Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Do not use Shell?

Sam4

Actually, that BP just (like in the past 2 weeks or so) switched over to one of the indie 'no name' fuels, if we are speaking of the one at the 313 and Easton Road intersection, diagonally across from the Bimmer dealer, which has a no tables Dunkin Donuts counter inside the store part. [:(]

I wonder if the Wawa (or even Giant, or Costco) 93 is 'approved', or even considered 'acceptable' by the hot shot tuners, or not. [dunno]
Giant and CostCo are recognized Upper Tier fuels, Wawa maybe. Tuners can claim or state what they want - "Best Tune Evar" and just say "bad fuel"....

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #42
Giant and CostCo are recognized Upper Tier fuels, Wawa maybe. Tuners can claim or state what they want - "Best Tune Evar" and just say "bad fuel"....
Giant would be fantastic for me would actually use those points for something.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #43
Actually, that BP just (like in the past 2 weeks or so) switched over to one of the indie 'no name' fuels, if we are speaking of the one at the 313 and Easton Road intersection, diagonally across from the Bimmer dealer, which has a no tables Dunkin Donuts counter inside the store part. [:(]

I wonder if the Wawa (or even Giant, or Costco) 93 is 'approved', or even considered 'acceptable' by the hot shot tuners, or not. [dunno]
Yeah the dunkin donuts one for sure!

TemecFist

Maybe I'm lucky, but less than a mile from my garage (where I store the Fiesta) there is a Chevron, with 3 E85 pumps. On top of that, California mandated, that for a station to sell E85, it has to be a minimum of E80. I guess that's one good thing to come from Commiefornia.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #45
Maybe I'm lucky, but less than a mile from my garage (where I store the Fiesta) there is a Chevron, with 3 E85 pumps. On top of that, California mandated, that for a station to sell E85, it has to be a minimum of E80. I guess that's one good thing to come from Commiefornia.
Agreed. I have ONE station within any reasonable driving distance. It's a wawa, last time I tested the E85 it was 74%. Will retest on next fill up.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Agreed. I have ONE station within any reasonable driving distance. It's a wawa, last time I tested the E85 it was 74%. Will retest on next fill up.
Also, at that Wawa the E85 IS less than their 93 E10, but still way more than everyone in the mid west/elsewhere (maybe except for Cali??) is paying for it (it was $2.95/gallon when I was there last week). [:(]

xxiaze

Also, at that Wawa the E85 IS less than their 93 E10, but still way more than everyone in the mid west/elsewhere (maybe except for Cali??) is paying for it (it was $2.95/gallon when I was there last week). [:(]
I try to stay with this independently serviced e85 pump at my local BP. For some reason it says “this is not a BP product”. Usually produces e75-80 per content gauge
B407AAF4-7CD1-4271-80AA-E62049BFDDB4.jpeg

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Shell sucks in my MP-215, Marathon 93 non ethanol is the bomb for the MP-215, all you have to do is find it. On the road I look for a BP. I have a convenience store station 3 miles away that does a booming business in the Marathon no alky gas, YEH!

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #51
I almost exclusively use shell 93 with my adam tune....im confused. I'm over 55k miles with my tune/turbo with no issues. I do change my spark plugs every 10K miles and oil change before 7500 miles. Drive it like i stole it every time.
I thought i was using good stuff too. Our local BP apparantly is now a Global. Probably just a merger or acquisition.

There's a chain in greater Greenville SC area that I thought had decent 93 but now I'm not sure others then them we have qt and she'll not many marathon much less anything else

Sam4

Did I mention PA has the HIGHEST gas taxes in the country? Thank you Gov Wolf - you POS

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #56
I ended up just going with Sunoco 93 to mix with the E85. I'll mention what I used when I send in the datalogs. I saw a LUKOIL station on the way and realized I have no way of knowing what any of these stations are really packing.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I ended up just going with Sunoco 93 to mix with the E85. I'll mention what I used when I send in the datalogs. I saw a LUKOIL station on the way and realized I have no way of knowing what any of these stations are really packing.
There is a Lukoil right in town by me, but I flat out refuse to use Putin gas. [nono]

(It might be decent 93, maybe even up to snuff for 'tuner-god' Adam, who knows?? [dunno])

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #58
I should also note, dropped the new tune on this morning (E30). This time around the E85 tested out at 81% which was a nice improvement over the 74% the first time I filled up. It is very nice. Pulls smooth and strong. Looking forward to seeing what revisions are made and how it will affect things.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I don't notice because I never even look at the Lukoil prices at all, since I refuse to support a fascist dictator and it's loyal oligarchs. [nono]

I just drive a couple of miles, cross the river into Joyzee, and buy the Shell, Exxon/Mobil, or Sunoco there in Stockton, or Lambertville. [wink]