Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Do not use Shell?

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #61
^^^I don't notice because I never even look at the Lukoil prices at all, since I refuse to support a fascist dictator and it's loyal oligarchs. [nono]

I just drive a couple of miles, cross the river into Joyzee, and buy the Shell, Exxon/Mobil, or Sunoco there in Stockton, or Lambertville. [wink]
Fillin up in joyzee has its benies.....if jersey didnt have their gas prices, tomatos and silver queen corn.....we could annex them and be happier for it.

I thought it was odd as well but listening to my tuner haha. I will be on e30 most of the time so I will be using that station for 93 as well, no issues so far.

Sam4

^^^I don't notice because I never even look at the Lukoil prices at all, since I refuse to support a fascist dictator and it's loyal oligarchs. [nono]

I just drive a couple of miles, cross the river into Joyzee, and buy the Shell, Exxon/Mobil, or Sunoco there in Stockton, or Lambertville. [wink]
and they pump it for you. damn you for your giant brain........

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
and they pump it for you. damn you for your giant brain........
Actually, I don't ever want them to pump it, due to them ALWAYS trying to goose it up to an even dollar amount, even when I inform them I have the EXACT change/bills.
Also, they inevitably always find a way to drip fuel on the quarter panel/bumper. [mad]

I usually must explain to them the serious problems with over-filling these cars, and then they understand.

But technically, pumping one's own fuel there is against the law.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Actually, I don't ever want them to pump it, due to them ALWAYS trying to goose it up to an even dollar amount, even when I inform them I have the EXACT change/bills.
Also, they inevitably always find a way to drip fuel on the quarter panel/bumper. [mad]

I usually must explain to them the serious problems with over-filling these cars, and then they understand.

But technically, pumping one's own fuel there is against the law.
When the pump clicks off. That's it....if they try to nuzzle more fuel in that is doing damage to the evaporative emissions system. That sucks the Govt. In PA they do that garbage.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
When the pump clicks off. That's it....if they try to nuzzle more fuel in that is doing damage to the evaporative emissions system. That sucks the Govt. In PA they do that garbage.

Actually there are few to none full service stations in Pennsyltucky, ALL self-serve (which does suck if you need to pay CASH of course [:(]).

It is Joyzee which outright prohibits one from pumping their own fuel, by law, and unless you pay with a card (and sometimes pay more per gallon BECAUSE OF that), the pump jockeys will inevitably try to round up to the nearest buck, unless you STOP them! [mad]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Actually there are few to none full service stations in Pennsyltucky, ALL self-serve (which does suck if you need to pay CASH of course [:(]).

It is Joyzee which outright prohibits one from pumping their own fuel, by law, and unless you pay with a card (and sometimes pay more per gallon BECAUSE OF that), the pump jockeys will inevitably try to round up to the nearest buck, unless you STOP them! [mad]
i probobly meant Joyzee! But had Pa on the brain*

anticon

I just ordered a tune and got the same advice to avoid Shell because of additives. Shell has been my go-to for my Fiesta and the wife's Ecoboost MKT for the life of the vehicles. Does anyone have any logs of running a tune with Shell, and then on a similar day with some other fuel to see what knock/corrections/performance comparisons they get?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I just ordered a tune and got the same advice to avoid Shell because of additives. Shell has been my go-to for my Fiesta and the wife's Ecoboost MKT for the life of the vehicles. Does anyone have any logs of running a tune with Shell, and then on a similar day with some other fuel to see what knock/corrections/performance comparisons they get?
Who?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've spoken to multiple friends who are in Mechanical Engineering/ Tech Jobs....Fomoco....Arctic Cat....Gm. None of them have or heard any quibs or quarrels about Shell fuel. It's a Top tier fuel ...it has to meet and surpass certain standards to maintain that Branding that's set by Auto manufacturers. I think this Bs stems from things that happened in the late 90s early 2000s to be honest. I've used shell in My FiST and data logged and tuned with crickets from my Tuner. It always Gets 93 W/ E85 now to achieve E50-E60.OAR is Always -1.00 also. I will drive out of my way to find a Shell...Bp...Chevron Etc. That has 93. To each their own I guess...

One of my tunes for the motorcycle specifically requires Shell... Different application, I understand. And only one tuner.

My experiences have always been very positive with regards to Shell. I run their fuel, Chevron, and Exxon/Mobil. That's it. Unless I'm on a road trip and have no choice.

Zero issues, ever. I would need hard data to buy into the idea that Shell fuel is no good.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #78
I've spoken to multiple friends who are in Mechanical Engineering/ Tech Jobs....Fomoco....Arctic Cat....Gm. None of them have or heard any quibs or quarrels about Shell fuel. It's a Top tier fuel ...it has to meet and surpass certain standards to maintain that Branding that's set by Auto manufacturers. I think this Bs stems from things that happened in the late 90s early 2000s to be honest. I've used shell in My FiST and data logged and tuned with crickets from my Tuner. It always Gets 93 W/ E85 now to achieve E50-E60.OAR is Always -1.00 also. I will drive out of my way to find a Shell...Bp...Chevron Etc. That has 93. To each their own I guess...

My Bp's are all turning into Global 'round here. Same fuel I'm guessing just the "Great Reset" global management I'm guessing.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
All fuel in my area comes from one refinery in Montana via pipeline. Only differences are the additive packs. As Shell is a Top Tier®, I would be a bit surprised if somehow those additives mess up the 92 octane we have.

anticon

All fuel in my area comes from one refinery in Montana via pipeline. Only differences are the additive packs. As Shell is a Top Tier®, I would be a bit surprised if somehow those additives mess up the 92 octane we have.
Our fuel in NW Oregon is similar (it's 10% Ethanol, 92 octane), most of the crude comes from the North Slope, is refined in Port Angeles, WA, and piped to north Portland, then additives are added, and it's distributed from there.