Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Door Handle Unlock Trouble

Alright i just passed the 36k mile mark and my extended warranty may not cover this.
When i hit the unlock button on the driver door it only unlocks the driver door. If i go to the passenger side and hit that unlock button it unlocks all the doors. If all doors are already unlocked and i hit the unlock button on the drivers side, they all lock. My car is currently at Ford and i do not want to pay $120 diag fee if it is something simple. Anyone had these issues before? Is it as simple as flashing the BCM? Any help is much appreciated.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
That is working perfectly normal. I believe you can change the unlock setting from the vehicle settings on the Sync.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

DEss

Alright i just passed the 36k mile mark and my extended warranty may not cover this.
When i hit the unlock button on the driver door it only unlocks the driver door. If i go to the passenger side and hit that unlock button it unlocks all the doors. If all doors are already unlocked and i hit the unlock button on the drivers side, they all lock. My car is currently at Ford and i do not want to pay $120 diag fee if it is something simple. Anyone had these issues before? Is it as simple as flashing the BCM? Any help is much appreciated.
Pretty sure it's behaving as designed. It's not an unlock button - it's a lock/unlock button.

DEss

OP
KonaBlueFiST
Thread Starter #4
alright problem solved. The dealership told me that it also was working normally but i promised i wasn't crazy and didn't always use to be that way. They had the shop foreman look at it and they "recalibrated" the driver door and now when i press the unlock/lock button when the doors are locked it unlocks all doors like it did once before

alright problem solved. The dealership told me that it also was working normally but i promised i wasn't crazy and didn't always use to be that way. They had the shop foreman look at it and they "recalibrated" the driver door and now when i press the unlock/lock button when the doors are locked it unlocks all doors like it did once before
'Recalibrated' huh? I think what they did was disable 2-stage unlocking. You can save a trip to the dealer next time by simultaneously pressing the lock and unlock buttons on your remote for a few seconds.

DEss

OP
KonaBlueFiST
Thread Starter #6
'Recalibrated' huh? I think what they did was disable 2-stage unlocking. You can save a trip to the dealer next time by simultaneously pressing the lock and unlock buttons on your remote for a few seconds.

DEss
damn really? so just take my key fob and press both unlock and lock buttons and it will re-enable the 2 stage unlocking??

damn really? so just take my key fob and press both unlock and lock buttons and it will re-enable the 2 stage unlocking??
Right - 4 seconds with the engine off I believe. The car will confirm the change by flashing the directional indicators. The process should be described in the owner's manual.

DEss