Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Downpipe install turned into a huge oil leak…

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Really? Does it have to do with the machining? Or just the integrity of the block itself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd do some digging on here, between bad oil pumps and mis-timed engines I'd say its not worth it. A Tune+ engine would be the better way to go imo.

OP
Xternali
Thread Starter #43
I'd do some digging on here, between bad oil pumps and mis-timed engines I'd say its not worth it. A Tune+ engine would be the better way to go imo.
I appreciate the advice, nothings in full affect yet so I got a few options, either just the short block from Ford directly, the mountune one, a used motor and a brand new motor. I think I might just go with the short block from Ford if that’s the case with those. When the car bit the dust I was sent my first tune iteration. I just didn’t know if the motor could withstand a bigger turbo. Thanks for the advice.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
https://pumaspeed.co.uk/product-New-16-EcoBoost-Full-Engine_16611.jsp
Is another option. I too have heard a horror story or two about the Mountune blocks & them being lazy and not double checking their work. I am not even certain they do the work themselves, I think they farm it out.

Not seeing an option for the Fiesta on Tune+ site.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I appreciate the advice, nothings in full affect yet so I got a few options, either just the short block from Ford directly, the mountune one, a used motor and a brand new motor. I think I might just go with the short block from Ford if that’s the case with those. When the car bit the dust I was sent my first tune iteration. I just didn’t know if the motor could withstand a bigger turbo. Thanks for the advice.

Stock engine is fine until around ~400whp. Get a used engine and put it in yourself. Save a ton of money.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
https://pumaspeed.co.uk/product-New-16-EcoBoost-Full-Engine_16611.jsp
Is another option. I too have heard a horror story or two about the Mountune blocks & them being lazy and not double checking their work. I am not even certain they do the work themselves, I think they farm it out.

Not seeing an option for the Fiesta on Tune+ site.
Tbh I wasn't sure if they were offering it yet. I know Adam has been talking about it on facebook

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
YeAH...I'd be trusting Tune- as far as you can throw him* Mountune is a more Trustworthy source with the $$$ to back up their stuff if things go wrong Vs. someone saying ah...my Bad remove the engine and send it back to me But* You pay the shipping.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
YeAH...I'd be trusting Tune- as far as you can throw him* Mountune is a more Trustworthy source with the $$$ to back up their stuff if things go wrong Vs. someone saying ah...my Bad remove the engine and send it back to me But* You pay the shipping.
I have yet to read someone having a positive experience with a Mountune engine (aside from the RS crowd). I question their build process and their parts.

But I personally wouldn't buy an engine online and have it shipped anyway.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have yet to read someone having a positive experience with a Mountune engine (aside from the RS crowd). I question their build process and their parts.

But I personally wouldn't buy an engine online and have it shipped anyway.
I will agree with you to some extent...But if I'm gonna do a block. id be sending it out to LA sleeves or Darton to get sleeved and end the open deck BS. But I'd rather deal with a larger manufacturer when it comes to building as i stated they wont go under if they have an issue like i have watched multiple vendors who cant afford to have hiccups like the big guys can. i know a handful of peeps with Mountune engines and they are doing just fine after and of the issues they have encountered were fixed if they even had any.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Somewhat off topic, but Mountune has been undergoing some restructuring at a company level recently, so no guarantee that they will be around when/if problems do occur. (at least in the US)

Mountune
Carthrottle
Garrett also went through a restructuring ordeal not too long ago. I think some just do it to shed Debt other Fruitless crap they got themselves into.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Somewhat off topic, but Mountune has been undergoing some restructuring at a company level recently, so no guarantee that they will be around when/if problems do occur. (at least in the US)

Mountune
Carthrottle
This would be another reason not to buy from them. They've emptied most of their inventory for the Fiesta anyway.