Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Driver side fog light flickering issue

Hi all!
I recent purchased a 2016 in Kona blue, beautiful car, love it so much already. I’ve been having an issue with one of the fog lights and I’d like to ask for any input someone may have.
I noticed the driver side fog light was flickering (it still had the factory halogens), no biggie I thought, bulb probably dying. I got some yellow LED bulbs from Amazon and the issue is still ongoing after installing, it is only the driver side that flickers when the engine is on (no flicker when the ignition is on but engine off). Some troubleshooting I’ve tried so far:
  • Swapped both bulbs, issue is still ongoing on the driver side.
  • Applied dielectric grease to the connectors, still ongoing.
  • Swapped the fog light relay with another one of the same part number, still ongoing.
  • Swapped both fog light fuses, still ongoing.
Any other ideas of what could be causing this? With my troubleshooting I was unable to make the issue jump to the other side fog light, so I am thinking the connector itself may be going bad? How hard is it to diy cut off and replace the connector? I appreciate any advice offered, thank you!

OP
L
Thread Starter #2
Another piece of info: it stops flickering when I rev the engine to around 2k and above. It will start flickering again when at idle. 🤷‍♀️