Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dual Exit Exhaust

Peterson

Premium Account
I know there was a guy that built a dual exit (dual tailpipe) exhaust around the USDM Evap canister in the rear of the car. I’ve been searching for a day or so now, and I can’t find the post.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I've always wanted a dual quad tip on the FiST. It would be beautiful

Last edited:
OP
Peterson

Peterson

Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
Eh. I’d rather just cut the stock bumper. Not a fan of the Pumaspeed design.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Haha agreed. It looks like something you'd buy at an auto parts store along with underbody LEDs and a chrome 4" exhaust tip

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I know there was a guy that built a dual exit (dual tailpipe) exhaust around the USDM Evap canister in the rear of the car. I’ve been searching for a day or so now, and I can’t find the post.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have a dual exit 3" exhaust but I just deleted the evap canister.

OP
Peterson

Peterson

Premium Account
Thread Starter #15
Could you elaborate on the Evap delete? I’m still learning lol. What is the Evap canister for anyways?

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
You will get a check engine light if you delete it. If your state has emissions inspections, an evap delete is instant fail. The evap canister collects fumes from the gas tank and dumps them into the intake manifold.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
You will get a check engine light if you delete it. If your state has emissions inspections, an evap delete is instant fail. The evap canister collects fumes from the gas tank and dumps them into the intake manifold.

^^^THIS!

I would think about relocating it elsewhere to gain clearance for that custom system, but NOT eliminating it completely. [nono]

wspec may have had a tuner permanently 'write out' the DTC code for this (IF that's even possible [dunno]), but it may help the system deal with 'vapor lock' in the summer, so not too sure it's a good idea, even if there is no cluster light showing.

OP
Peterson

Peterson

Premium Account
Thread Starter #18
Well then. That’s staying put and the exhaust is routed around it ??????

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
The CEL can be effectively turned off by disabling that particular DTC completely, but it can still cause a emissions test fail because the test reads your computer's readiness monitors and a disabled DTC will read as Not Ready which is basically a failure.

Thanks Nixon.

To clarify though, the evap system is purely an emissions device and deleting it does not effect your engine at all. If your state does not do emissions inspections then I would delete it.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
There are states which do not do an actual emissions 'sniffer and/or dyno' test, but they WILL still fail you on the OBD 2 plug-in that they still do, so you will fail due to monitor readiness not showing correctly (yes, unless your state does not even do a plug-in test).

This is why I was asking IF it is even possible to 'write out' the whole EVAP system from the ECM, and somehow 'write in' a readiness monitor showing 'positive'.

Peterson is in Joyzee, and the last time I went through their (Parsons run) inspection some 6 years ago, they DID do the OBD 2 plug-in, and they also still did the gas cap 'leakdown' test, which leads me to think that they DO care about the whole EVAP system. ;)