Dumb newby...where are my DRLs?

Member ID
I'm in my first couple of days in learning all about my 2019's features. Probably a dumb question, but no daylight running lights? Am I overlooking a setting? Thought that DRLs were a US safety requirement, but I guess not (except in Canada)?

OP
SCMike
Member ID
Thread Starter #3

There are no DRLs on the USDM FiST.

Dave
Thanks. Just wanted to double check that I was not missing some setting. Other than that trivial point, the FiST is stellar (or will be when I get beyond my self-imposed, old-school break-in rev limit).

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Member ID
There are no DRLs on the USDM FiST.

Dave
And I am thankful that I don't have to rip out a relay like I did with my WRX. I hate DRLs.

To the OP:
There might be a way to add the DRL feature via FORSCAN, but I cannot say for sure.

Member ID
@SCMike,
You could wire your Fog lights to work as DRLs.
This is the way I did it.

FOGs as DRLs
I followed these instructions about a year ago and am still loving it. If you want DRLs and don't mind them always being on, this is the way to go. I eventually switched over to yellow LEDs and like it a lot.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Member ID
I followed these instructions about a year ago and am still loving it. If you want DRLs and don't mind them always being on, this is the way to go. I eventually switched over to yellow LEDs and like it a lot.
My fogs are yellow as well.
And yes, the FOGs/DRLs are on whenever the engine is running just as OEM DRLs are designed to operate.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Member ID
I just want my Fogs to be switched independant of having to have low beams on. Lol

OP
SCMike
Member ID
Thread Starter #15
@SCMike,
You could wire your Fog lights to work as DRLs.
This is the way I did it.

FOGs as DRLs
Thanks for the guidance. Looks like an elegant solution. I decided upon the simpler half-measure of manually using the fogs as DRLs. Start car - turn on sidelights - turn on fogs. A bit of a kludge, but it does illuminate the yellow sidelights/parking lights as well as the fogs. With all the Z-Nation candidates driving on the roads, I figure the more visual presence the better.