Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dynamic Pro Gravel Rally Coilovers by Yellow Speed Racing

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The thing is for me, FlatOut never got back to me on my follow-up questions about their product. [:(]

This is ridiculous, no responses from FlatOut, Panda cannot be trusted to actually deliver the rally spec Silver Neomaxes, and Reiger R2s co$t MORE than half of what the car is even worth.

It is looking more and more like I am going to have to 'take my chances' on gravel stage roads with the non-inverted piston, smaller non-'motorsport' piston shaft, Bilstein B6es, .50" top mount spacers, and Swift Spec R springs, (one of the original suspension plans). [dunno]

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The thing is for me, FlatOut never got back to me on my follow-up questions about their product. [:(]

This is ridiculous, no responses from FlatOut, Panda cannot be trusted to actually deliver the rally spec Silver Neomaxes, and Reiger R2s co$t MORE than half of what the car is even worth.

It is looking more and more like I am going to have to 'take my chances' on gravel stage roads with the non-inverted piston, smaller non-'motorsport' piston shaft, Bilstein B6es, .50" top mount spacers, and Swift Spec R springs, (one of the original suspension plans). [dunno]
I would try reaching out again to flat out. You can ask for a phone number too. It’s one guy running the company to my understanding but he answered a bunch of my questions via Reddit. I would imagine he would be even more responsive via traditional means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WRC_Fiesta

I would try reaching out again to flat out. You can ask for a phone number too. It’s one guy running the company to my understanding but he answered a bunch of my questions via Reddit. I would imagine he would be even more responsive via traditional means.

What is the max height of those things?

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Visa Chargeback initiated - YSR hasn't provided a refund or pre-paid shipping label for the goods.

High probability it succeeds as their representative has acknowledged what they sent vs what I had ordered based on their website, are different.

Horrendous customer service and quality of parts - stay FAR away from this company.

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #47
Well, I've put about 10k miles on these coilovers and they've been pretty good, no complaints. They're a little stiff in the rear but a fairly decent ride for a daily. I've even autocrossed recently and managed to take 1st in the Novice division. Planning to one day try some rallycross or even maybe some winter lake ice racing in the distant future.

Not all experiences are bad with these coilovers.

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #49
Did you move out of the Sunshine State and just never change your avatar location, or do you plan to drive 1200+ miles to do the above? [???:)]
I'm in Florida on PCS orders for military training but will be returning home to MN once training is completed.

YSR has yet to provide me with replacement shocks - the latest statement from YSR is as follows:

We have test fit the Ford Fiesta St Rally Gravel coilover kit with 4kg springs for an extended period of time, and this 4kg rear setup was quite soft and matched perfectly with our shock valving. We believe this customer has the shock stroke adjustment in the rear set incorrectly, so that’s why he believes the ride quality in the rear is too stiff. We only have a 3kg-180mm spring available, which is 20mm shorter than the existing spring. This would cause the rear of the vehicle to not be able to lift as tall as the front which would create issues for handling / control

So, even after telling them that I'm not even running the YSR shocks and am actually running Koni-Orange shocks and am experiencing an extremely bouncy ride, the conclusion is that I installed the YSR shocks wrong and that's why the ride, currently, with the different branded shock, is poor.

YSR hasn't even asked for the quality control card / packing card from the boxes which shows who signed off / released the products. Pretty hard to take quality control seriously when a customer has an issue and you don't track it down to the source.

YSR has also, CLEARLY, never driven a FiST with 4kg springs and at the same time claim it's 'quite soft'. It's insane.

So, now I'm back to using the MeisterR's while saving up for the FlatOut Suspension GR40 kit along with contacting Visa for a chargeback due to YSR not providing the product as advertised (changing the website after I pointed it out....) and not replacing the shocks which never worked.

TL: DR: DO NOT BUY YSR PRODUCTS
Woooow!! I’d be steaming right now. Sorry this happened to you. But thanks for sharing your experience so we don’t have to have the same headache!!!