Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

E30 Fist power loss after IC upgrade?

I recently upgraded to a depo racing fmic. Prior to this I was already running a dizzy e30 tune and the car felt great. After installing the new fmic I feel like the car lags a bit, and doesn't feel as powerful. I know the Cobb est hp figures are inaccurate but before the fmic the numbers would read around 190 hp or so. Now theyre at 175. Im still pushing the same amount of boost and I don't believe i have any leaks. When I load the stage 3 Cobb ots tune it reads almost 200hp. Could there be something wrong with my tune? I don't have any neg corrections but I noticed the positive corrections wont go past 2.50 degrees on the e30 tune but on ths stage 3 tune it runs to 6.00 degrees. Shouldn't the dizzy e30 tune make more power than the stage 3 Cobb tune?

Spork1569

I would do a couple logs and send them to dizzy since you get one free set of datalog reviews. He can tell you if everything is running as it should or of something seems off.

As for the Cobb HP numbers I wouldn't trust them at all. According to them my stage 1 fiesta made more power than my current E30 tune but the butt dyno alone says that's not he case. A vdyno further confirmed that the reading wasn't spot on(But neither is the Vdyno, still probably some degree of error there.) But it was definitely more in the ballpark of what the car should be making on ethanol.

OP
BUNNYBUNGALO
Thread Starter #3
I would do a couple logs and send them to dizzy since you get one free set of datalog reviews. He can tell you if everything is running as it should or of something seems off.

As for the Cobb HP numbers I wouldn't trust them at all. According to them my stage 1 fiesta made more power than my current E30 tune but the butt dyno alone says that's not he case. A vdyno further confirmed that the reading wasn't spot on(But neither is the Vdyno, still probably some degree of error there.) But it was definitely more in the ballpark of what the car should be making on ethanol.
I guess I'll have to do a datalog and send it to him. Thanks man.

Erick_V

The only thing I can think of is boost leaks. The intercooler itself won't make the car feel faster. However, you'll be able to make consistent power for longer because the car won't heat soak as fast. Double check the clamps and as said above, send a log to Jason to be sure

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thanks yall, it wasnt a boost leak, I think the map just needed to adjust. Car feels much better.
Good deal, Jason resets the OAR learning to -0.65 when you reflash and you have to do a few pulls to get it back up to a perfect -1.00 so it always good to show OAR learning ratio on your AP and only compare after it's been at -1.00 for a while... and to touch upon the added timing, Cobb and Stratified use lots of *added* timing while Jason likes to use more *base* timing and add on less, so it's the total timing that matters... If you get all nerdy like I do, I take datalogs for an e50 tune I'm helping another tuner refine and after I send him the log in my Gmail, it shows under the sent message it all formatted on a table and I can look at all the data, pretty cool... So if you were to compare the e30 and the pump tunes total timing like shown, the numbers will likely be similar as they include a total of base timing plus added correction timing.

1574101350495.png

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Larger intercoolers will have some pressure drop so it makes sense to have a touch up tune to keep it responsive.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk